2.25 Ireland bugs

Please report bugs you encounter here.

Please DO NOT report game crashes or installation issues here!
Forum rules
Before you report a bug, please check if the bug is already known:
HERE

2.27 has been released please post issues with 2.27 only
ethan_l13

03 Dec 2017 22:52

THIS APPLIED TO 2.20 PROMODS! POST WAS CREATED BEFORE 2.25 RELEASED!

As a citizen of Ireland, I couldn't wait 'til Ireland was introduced into the game. When it arrived, I immediately drove there and explored the new land. After exploring most of it, I have found a few minor problems which mostly relate to signage.
  • Some signs in Ireland have incorrect spellings, most of these being signs for Rosslare (Ros Láir). Take a look:
All images above have Ros Láir spelt incorrectly
"Town Center" should be "Town Centre", as well as the fada (acute accent) being missing from the "A" in Ros Láir.

• Some signs placed around Ireland are rarely seen, for example, the "No Overtaking" sign is not used before every double-lined road and the "End of Speed Limit" sign is only used in the UK - it is never seen in the Republic of Ireland:
No Overtaking sign - used, but not all the time
End of Speed Limit sign - non-existent in Ireland
  • Signs at junctions and roundabouts are far too big. For instance, at a motorway junction, some signs are the right size while other are just too big:
The signs in the green circle (to me) are fine, while the one in red should be moved (as shown) and shrunk.
Signs should be moved (as shown) and shrunk.

• Service signs:
Service signs should be indicated similar to this (e.g. a brown sign rather than the image below)

• Motorway cantilever exit signs (the sign itself) should be brought down a little:
Cantilever sign should look like this (also take note of the size differences of the arrow)
  • Roundabout signs.The roundabout (see above with spelling errors) are depicted with a full arrow, while it should be a line with a chevron just a above it:
Yes, an extremely minor problem, but makes it more realistic!
  • Traffic systems. In Dublin, the traffic system should look like this:

If Laná Bus are present, then roads are not dual carriageways (vehicles are also not permitted to drive in bus lanes between 7:00 - 19:00)
  • Another problem refers to Irish registration plates, which are so complex and long to explain.
Yes, I could make the changes myself (with the signs) but I couldn't open the base file, even after watching a tutorial!
Thanks for reading this and I hope all problems will be fixed in the future!
Last edited by ethan_l13 on 05 Dec 2017 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan_A_RF

04 Dec 2017 23:54

Trust me the no overtaking signs are a nightmare. They're wrong in the UK too. I'll see if I can fix these issues. Half of them I'm afraid are not fixable at the moment.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Stan SB / Fox Stevenson / Florence + The Machine - for all driving song needs

YNM

05 Dec 2017 01:56

I guess these are wrong because they're the "standard" that came from SCS. Some of similar signs on Great Britain should also be smaller.

Nathan_A_RF

05 Dec 2017 08:13

Trust me I know my signage. I will need to make a bunch of new signs with new traffic rules for thease to function properly.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Stan SB / Fox Stevenson / Florence + The Machine - for all driving song needs

ethan_l13

05 Dec 2017 19:03

OK, thank you very much!

ethan_l13

16 Apr 2018 21:56

Now that we've got bricksathome as developer for Ireland [again], time for new problems! (Apologies to developers, founders, etc. associated with Ireland in every aspect in advance.) Also, these aren't bugs as such, but I didn't know where to post this (I thought I'd get away with posting here again 8-) ).

As quite a patriotic person (as Irish people tend to be), I have found a few things that kind of bug me. These include (but are not limited to):
  • Those darn red-tiled roofs. It is a very rare occurrence to see red-tiled roofs in Ireland (I've only ever seen it in Greystones). There are Vive la France! DLC buildings that have dark roofs, so maybe you could use those instead?
  • Irish road signs and motorways signs are NEVER lit. Only your headlights illuminate the sign (which is kinda stupid, I must say).
  • (Do not listen to me rambling on here if it's too much to ask.) Creating the city centre in Dublin, to me, was not the best of ideas (no offence), as you don't have the assets from SCS to make it realistic. The buildings are quite high and Victorian styled, except for further on the Liffey, where you've (thankfully) blocked access. Industrial estates are located (like many other cities) around the outskirts. The ferry port should then, as a result, be in Dún Laoghaire, and linked to Holyhead. Here's a terrible map:
  • Something you may not know about! The M7/N7 is getting widened to three lanes when leaving Dublin, from Junction 7 to Junction 10. Just thought I'd let you know.

SORRY FOR BEING SO PICKY! Although I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's very picky about their country. And good luck to current and future developers - I will always have something to say! :lol:

ScuL
Founder

16 Apr 2018 22:22

ethan_l13 wrote:
  • Irish road signs and motorways signs are NEVER lit. Only your headlights illuminate the sign (which is kinda stupid, I must say).
I will comment on this one, this is an intentional decision because the player's headlights in game do not beam "high enough" to reach overhead panels. If we did not include the lighting node the signs would be pitch black at night (you would not be able to see them at all).
We have done this in multiple places, even in countries where signs are not usually lit.

I will look at some of the spelling errors in your first post right now, this area was developed by a guest developer whereas all the other areas in Ireland were signed by myself.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

YNM

17 Apr 2018 05:58

ethan_l13 wrote:
Something you may not know about! The M7/N7 is getting widened to three lanes when leaving Dublin, from Junction 7 to Junction 10. Just thought I'd let you know.
Adding on this, there's an official map-list of all projects on Motorways and National roads in Ireland :

http://www.tii.ie/projects/road-schemes/

Maybe it'd help the developers ;)

elitegamer0611

17 Apr 2018 07:02

ScuL wrote:
I will look at some of the spelling errors in your first post right now, this area was developed by a guest developer whereas all the other areas in Ireland were signed by myself.
That's me :) Thanks for letting me do Wexford and its surroundings. And thanks to ethan_l13 for playing and reporting issues. I hope you liked the area I made. And another thanks to bricksathome for supporting me.

About Ros Lair; I used pre-created names on map editor so somebody else already wrote Ros Lair before me. Same for "TOWN CENTER". Overtaking and No overtaking signs are also pre-created signs on Promods assets. I did quick research and I didn't see any solid information about not-be-used. So I just used them.

Other issues are not related with me.

Thanks in advance
-EG

ethan_l13

17 Apr 2018 17:35

ScuL wrote:
ethan_l13 wrote:
  • Irish road signs and motorways signs are NEVER lit. Only...
I will comment on this one, this is an intentional decision because the player's headlights in game do not beam "high enough" to...

OK, thanks for info.
elitegamer0611 wrote:
17 Apr 2018 07:02
That's me :) Thanks for letting me do Wexford and its surroundings. And thanks to ethan_l13 for...
Oh, yes! You were the one who helped bricksathome to create Ireland for 2.20 (info from his YouTube video)! Thank YOU(both) for creating Ireland; although I've never been to Wexford ("city") before, it looks great and realistic too! And a big "you're welcome" to those who (surprisingly) listen to all these itty-bitty things I ramble on about!

• Information