[REL] Project Japan - Japan re-created in 1:10

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
armittage

11 Sep 2020 19:37

Edit 21:58 CEST:

1. Thanks for your great effort.

2. Alas, the specific textures (asphalt, japanese buidings, company logos) are black.Tried to use info from this post https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=269548. In model3.scs (the only one not protected), I verified the *.dds files with the script from the bottom of the post. Nothing came out.

3. Tried to manually open the files. There are textures, where Gimp-DDS and XN-View both show just one transparent layer. They are saved as DXT5/BC3, if I'm to trust XN-View. Other ones - same format and compression - have viewable content. As example, see model/garage/garage_03a.dds vs garage_04a.dds.

4. What am I doing wrong?

THX again

karu0920

19 Sep 2020 05:10

This mod is not compatible with open gl or Mac os.
If you have any tips on how to make it compatible, please let me know.

promods_forewer

19 Sep 2020 06:44

To fix black textures you just need to resave the textures in Paint.net (if they have no alpha channel) or in Photoshop if they have an alpha channel with the generate mipmapping option enabled with the settings default

karu0920

19 Sep 2020 10:46

I appreciate your counsel.

armittage

04 Oct 2020 23:51

Actually, for resaving textures it is necessary to unpack the models archive. Scs extractor failed to mount the archive => protection, most probably.

I unpacked with another extractor with no errors.

I launched the game after the extraction again without any correction efforts. Almost all black textures were gone anyway! (There persists a minor problem of textures black from the distance, with color and detail revealed as you come close - known from RusMap and Southern Region, but thats rare and just a minimal annoyance.)

This would point rather to some kind of file access problem inside of the protected two archives - OpenGL not the (main) culprit. Might well be a minor naming inconsistency with a whitespace or wildcard character somewhere in the directory tree. When confronted with it (unixes are rather sensitive to conventions) in combination with archive protection, file can be either not found, or - even more tricky - misread.

Later I'll try to dig into it deeper, if I'll find anything useful I'll let you know. For now, I have to play it a bit. It's beautiful. It's overwhelming. Thank you.

a.

Edit 07.10.:Didn't find anything useful.

armittage

07 Oct 2020 19:11

Add-Ons

A3 Super Hard Company brings no black textures as there are no models.

A2 contains UI logos, signs and liveries of companies. 422 of them are in linux black. Encoding used was BC7, neither Gimp nor ImageMagick compatible. Solution via DirectXTex/Wine:

- read J.Random's posts in this topic on SCS Forum. In mod's root run his script to generate failed.log

Code: Select all

for i in `find ./ -name "*.dds"`; do mogrify -identify "$i" 2>&1; done | grep error | grep -oE "\`.*'" | tr -d "\`'" > failed.log
- download texconv.exe from https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases into the mod's root. Run

Code: Select all

wine texconv.exe -f DXT5 -y -flist failed.log
As OpenGL player I don't know what's the visible advantage of BC7 over BC3 and if for the creators would be plausible to export their textures directly in format readable for us on linux, but if not, this will do for now.

A1 Both accessories packs do not show any miniaures in shop lists. Some didn't appear when installed. I used the script of J.Random - refresh-dds-nrm - modified as can be seen in my post later in the topic, brute force - on all *.dds in respective mods. Solved the problem for me.

Once again, thanks to the creators for this avesome, distinctive, eye-candy rich world.

a.

psychoszoku

13 Oct 2020 08:13

I see it is compatible with 1.38 now, thanks for that!
I can eventually try that map also as I discovered most of maps from Wombat's combo.
Time for a journey to the east :)

bengt.jensie

13 Oct 2020 09:22

@psychoszoku

You know that it is a STANDALONE map?

psychoszoku

13 Oct 2020 10:13

I know, and I was already running it on a separate profile 🙂

I didn't want to use standalone maps until I will visit all addon maps. That took me over one year, so now I am ready for a first standalone map 😉

carbonated_turtle

27 Oct 2020 19:09

Can you please explain what "Make sure you select japan.mbd in the selection of region." means? I don't see anywhere to select this in the game. Even when creating a new profile, the only playing module available is Europe, and it's greyed out anyway, so there's no way to select anything else.

Edit: Aaaaaannnnnd never mind. I figured it out. I didn't realize I could load the mod manager when creating my profile to be able to activate the Japan mods, so mods can delete this.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information