Romania Real

You can show your modding work here
Forum rules
NOTE: This is not a place to show off released mods and mapping but an area where critique and improvements can be voiced to help you with your work
blackrider88

17 May 2018 13:07

Ok...are you girls finished already?
The highway looks interesting, but what kills me in all the Romanian mods are the horrible signs...although yours look better, I must admit.
Did you build any city by chance?

CAPLV
Donation rank:

17 May 2018 14:06

btw... there is actual Romania map mod, that works w/ promods map - https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=250965

https://arayasets2mods.blogspot.ro/
ETS 2 v.1.32.x+RusMap 1.8.1+Southern Region 7.2.5+The Great Steppe 1.2+//Roextended 1.8(S/P)+Paris RB 2.3+Sardinia 0.9+AfroMap 1.5)//

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

17 May 2018 15:29

That one is horrible. My city looks like Atlanta or something, with all those made up skyscrapers. It's a mistery where did he get the idea for that... :)) In fact most of the romania maps around are horrible. Mirfis work on ProMods looks rather aged, but it's still way better than any other and at least the road network is mostly realistic. If his work could be eventualy updated with new prefabs (baltic DLC ones could fit there) and making the general landscape and cities more detailed and realistic it would be awsome. (I now that he's working on another separate romania map on scsforums, but that one doesn't really seem promods quality)

Btw to OP, I made some updates and and rebuilds in the Bors-Oradea-Cluj-Turda region a year ago, and it's actually turned out quite good in my opinion. It's not public because I never actually finished it since I don't really have time for maping, but if you're interested or want to take a look at it and maybe use it in your map, hit me up in PM.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport AG
Headquarter: Kiel (D) / Kolding (DK) / Cluj-Napoca (RO)
Truck: 2016 Volvo FH 540 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: KI YH 265

blackrider88

17 May 2018 17:08

You know what grinds my gears? That are a $h17load of mappers doing decent work in Romania(including Mirfi, the household name), but it still looks the same as it was like, what, 2 years ago?
I think the guys in the "managerial" positions should pay more attention to this part of the forum, and to the mapping community in general.

EdgeGladiator

18 May 2018 10:25

Some complain that this country is under represented but it must be remembered that other countries were not even done and almost no map represented them (before Ireland) so the wheel turns. A DLC would be the best thing (much better than the Balkans is brand new by promods) but I do not believe that SCS has its plans.
Irun --> Donostia-San Sebastian --> Vitoria-Gazteiz --> Burgos --> Valladolid --> Salamanca --> Caceres --> Mérida --> Sevilla --> Jerez --> Algesiras

Promods Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30

My screenshots thread
Fiches conseille voyage : Route France, Espagne et Maroc

blackrider88

18 May 2018 11:06

EdgeGladiator wrote:
18 May 2018 10:25
Some complain that this country is under represented but it must be remembered that other countries were not even done and almost no map represented them (before Ireland) so the wheel turns. A DLC would be the best thing (much better than the Balkans is brand new by promods) but I do not believe that SCS has its plans.
I'd rather have NO Romania than a weak and unrealistic Romania. Or even only a city, that is well-made (see Ruse in Bulgaria).

• Information