Fantasy freelancers

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
krigl

07 Jun 2021 20:49

Heading east towards Oslo.

It's getting late in the day, and it's also almost time to wrap up this whole screenshot thread and start a new one.

Here's one final journey to round off the thread nicely. From Oslo to Bergen via Karlstad, and then over the see to the wonderful Faroe Islands.

A tanker on fire. Sadly seeing more and more of those these days.

I settled in nicely at the Oslo branch and fell in love with Norway. Ended up spending several years there delivering all around the region.
Our company splashed out and bought some trailers with the same livery as the cab. Doesn't look half bad.

It would be nice to have the option of putting the company name on cabs and trailers, but I can understand why SCS have never allowed it.
Playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online - my only online gaming experience - showed very clearly just how many fools there are online.

I was randomly run over by people on horseback while hunting, shot at when just riding along minding my own business, murdered with a giant knife while searching for a playing card, and punched off my chair onto the ground when sitting in my own camp looking at the view.

So you can imagine what people would write on their trucks if SCS made it easy for them. Not good publicity, probably, giving how jumpy truck manufacturers seem to be.

Anyway, today we're just driving west, west and more west along the E134 towards Bergen. So many nice things to see on this long route that we won't quite get to the place where the road forks and you choose between Bergen and Stavanger.

Lovely scenery around here once more - I suspect it's from ProMods. But just imagine Norway remade and expanded to the 2021 SCS standard. So much potential to look even better.

Stopped off for a rest.

Ooooo... so high up!

Glad we have better maintenance now, wouldn't like the brakes to fail or a wheel to fall off here.

Bye for now... Anni

krigl

08 Jun 2021 20:53

Today we have the last few shots from the Scandinavia DLC, and we cross the cold North Atlantic to visit one last epic ProMods scenery - the Faroe islands.

This is the bridge at which the Oslo and Stavanger roads meet, and lead west to Bergen.

Scandinavia has been pretty nice, and much as expected. The range of assets used by both SCS in 2015 and then ProMods to update the scenery is rather limited, leading to the area having a homogenous feel and being quite boring in places. There seems to be some newer scenery from ProMods which is really excellent, though, and driving in Norway has been fantastic. All in all, it's been a pleasant tour.

Norway has some quite elaborate tunnels.

Over another fjord, I guess.

And into another tunnel. The scale is quite impressive.

Closing in on Bergen now.

A couple of shots from an industrial estate near Bergen.

Arrival in Bergen. Apologies for using default companies on this tour - the PM companies mod crashed my game for some reason. Since updating to 1.40 and downloading the new PM 1.55 stuff it works again, and I've also remembered to download Jazzycat's AI packs, so
we're all set to go for the next tour.

Had a bit of time before the ferry was due to leave, so went for a drive around.

A fine day for the crossing.

Waiting our turn - and the last shot from the Scandinavia DLC. Skol!

One long voyage later, and we're rolling off the ship in Torshavn - Thor's Harbour.

Immediate reaction - wow! It actually has the structure of a real town (well, village really), and not just a small grid with jobsites.

The Faroes are a great reminder of why the word Pro appears in ProMods...

...and a great place to finish off this second screenshot thread after 3 years.

One more set to go!
Anni

krigl

09 Jun 2021 19:34

It's here... the final set in this thread of screenshots, and we're touring the PM Faroe Islands today.

Leaving Torshavn. So glad not to have fallen at the last hurdle for once and kept my motivation going right till the end.

Right now we're driving to Sorvagur in the west of the islands.

At least, I think it's Sorvagur. Some of the places I visited are not labelled, and I had to guess them from the signs giving directions. So please forgive any errors.

This is Vaga Flughaven, the local airport. Nicely done. The scenery is excellent all over here, hats off to the PM team, really!

We've delivered the cargo, and are now off to explore the rest of the islands. First port of call will be Oyrarbakki... I think.

This is, I believe, Oyrarbakki.

Looks like the houses spilled from a bag and are now tumbling down the slope towards the sea.

That was a narrow lane, but fine by daylight.

Great place to deliver a boat to or from.

This is Runavik, where there's a petrol station. I think we'll leave our trailer here, no sense in dragging it around everywhere, right?

Aaah! That's better!

Heading east from Runavik for the settlement of Klaksvik.

I appreciate the fact that tunnels are not the same everywhere.

Took a brief look at Klaksvik.

The drive to our last stop, where I've booked a room in a rustic hotel as a treat, took us through picturesque and dramatic landscapes as the sun sank slowly to the horizon. It's about 10pm or something, I think.

There's our goal - Oyndarfjordur. Time to wrap up this thread, then.

I started it about 3 years ago, and since then both ETS2 and ATS have seen a lot of changes, with 3 DLCS for ETS2 and 5 or 6 for ATS - and all good quality too. Plus SCS redid the whole of Germany, and ProMods redid the UK just after I'd finished touring the older version, and added a ton of new content of course.

Heyyy - a rare picture of Anni - Hi there! I hope in the next screenshot thread to make some significant inroads into the newer content, as well as to explore some of the oldest content in Eastern Europe and France at last.

I'd like to thank ProMods for all their excellent work in improving and expanding the work of SCS, and SCS for continuing to pump out ever better maps for all of us to enjoy.

And finally, thanks to all those who took the time to look in at this screenshot thread, and to people who commented, I appreciate it. See you in the next thread, perhaps!

Time to say goodbye, with a chilly but radiant Faroe Island sunrise...

Cheers!

Krigl

rudenkov vladimir

13 Jun 2021 06:04

Great! Good job!
ProMods - (senior) Beta tester.

03 Oct 2013

krigl

13 Jun 2021 21:05

Thanks for looking in, and taking the time, Vladimir!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 14 Jun 2021 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Return to “Share the love”

• Information