Euro Truck Simulator -version-111 beta is up on Steam

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Uzi

08 Jul 2014 21:34

EDIT A DAY LATER.
To prevent what I see going on in the thread follow below from continuing I'll post
here for non readers. NO PROMODS 1.62 will NOT WORK WITH 1.11 BETA
nor will it work if 1.11 goes live before the PROMOD developers fix it so it will.
YEs, it will crash your 1.11 beta game! Just don't run map mods in the new beta!
ALSO. Yes, a lot of changes were done in 1.11 so many mods will cause issues that
may not be obvious at first.!
I suggest any that dabble with it use a older save that was not affected by ANY map mod
and strip the profile of most mods and have fun with the beta. Add mods in slowly and see if something breaks.
END OF EDIT.

Original post below.

I just bumped into this news and am downloading it now.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/07/ets2-ve ... steam.html

beta is up .

I'm going to see if I can break it first with current mod load then when I do run it minus mods. Woo.

Going to try ProMods with it first if it will let me. Wish me luck.

Oh, if I put this on the wrong forum please move it to wherever it belongs. I wasn't sure where to post this info.
Last edited by Uzi on 10 Jul 2014 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Almighty
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2014 22:24

Well v1.62 doesn't work with ETS2 1.11.
Happy trucking!

tonyk

09 Jul 2014 00:21

Hi Guys.
just wanted to ask a stupid question.
When it says 1.11 open on steam for beta testing can anyone use it or can only be for qualified beta testers?

Just gone on the link form scs blog but dont know how to download it ,or if i am allowed to?

Cheers.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 00:29

tonyk wrote:Hi Guys.
just wanted to ask a stupid question.
When it says 1.11 open on steam for beta testing can anyone use it or can only be for qualified beta testers?

Just gone on the link form scs blog but dont know how to download it ,or if i am allowed to?

Cheers.
It's a public beta, i.e. everyone can use it. Participating or not is a setting in Steam. If you turn it on, Steam will automatically download and install the beta version, just like it does other updates.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Uzi

09 Jul 2014 01:54

To use the beta version go to game Library in Steam.
Right click on your game, ETS and click on PROPERTIES
You will see a tab at top about beta or some such.
Select the one from drop down panel that says public_beta-early access to testing versions for .. something I can't read on the dorked Steam Interface.

It is the one at the top as I recall . There are a metric shit ton of others listed do not pick one of those.
Soon as you click on one Steam starts to download the beta which will patch into your current game files.
Go get out of the beta you have to go back and repeat the above and just click on no beta.
Steam will repatch back to current live game version.

So far mods I've found that are incompatable on my sysstem are of course, ProMods and any map mod I'm sure will suffer similar fate....
Ohaha's bigger signs mod interferes with the newest alteration to the Hud with new speed limit options that display there, otherwise is okay.
The Peterbilt 389 v2 mod I use has a weird issue with force feedback when the truck engine is off
and causes constant wheel rumble. Cause was a change to Collision Impact feed back. I had to turn
that all the way off where it was workign fine with 1.10.

Using okay so far Jazzycat mods as with 1.10 but who knows that could be messing things up too but I've yete to see anything wrong with those.

They made some nice changes here and there. It's worth fooling with if you don't mind
going back to a older save that wasn't 'contaminated' with a map mod and use a profile that is stripped of risky mods or just a clean one.
I'd go clean and add some in as I went , just saying.

tonyk

09 Jul 2014 02:23

Cheers guys,thanks for detailed reply,appreciate it.

lonewolf1959
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 06:22

The new ETS2 1.11 beta has come out. Can I ask how long before we see an update from Promod's? From what I have read on SCS forum, the full release of 1.11 should be released at any time. Any answer would be great.

Thanks for your time, and for the good work you guys do.

Lone Wolf1959
Steam aka "Lone Wolf".

Arexander
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 09:24

This question has been answered many times by both devs and players, so maybe try using the search before posting a new thread about an issue already covered by multiple threads. I'm gonna be nice and give you the answer here. ProMods 1.7 will come AFTER the full release of 1.11. How long after is up to the devs, although they are trying their hardest even with idiots asking the same question thread after thread after thread.

ambro789
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 18:40

Looks like the update is just a short hall down the road. Any way of knowing how this will affect ProMods? Looks like they are going south so might be ok?

Can we run ProMods in the beta to give it a try? Not real sure on that.

Almighty
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 18:54

ProMods v1.62 doesn't work with ETS2 V1.11.
Happy trucking!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information