No ads displayed on download even when adblock disabled?

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
jrodman2

03 Jul 2019 00:27

I run the browser addon uBlock, and when trying to hit your free download links, I get a popup "Disable adblock".

I don't like this because it's a user safety issue, and hey I could pay but I don't do business with paypal. But on the second hand, I prefer to pay for bandwidth with ads than simply going home. So I switch off uBlock for the site, and then click download. I get a blue bar, and then a download, but no ad ever appears.

So download is working, but I think I'm not offsetting costs. Are the ads videos (I block autoplay)? Or does Firefox default tracking blocking somehow prevent them from working?

Feel free to ignore and close if this isn't worth your time.

P.S. Have you considered creating a Patreon? I'd rather pay you to do the releases than pay you to download by a long shot, and it would be way more convenient.

Added in 7 minutes 13 seconds:
Oh, nevermind, I figured it out.

The ads.js script loads and runs from your domain because I disabled uBlock for this site, which satisfies your checker.
However, pagead2.googlesyndication.com is still blocked. That's not what I expected would happen.

I can fix this on my end.

ScuL
Founder

03 Jul 2019 18:54

Hi and thank you for your contribution.
jrodman2 wrote:
03 Jul 2019 00:34
I run the browser addon uBlock, and when trying to hit your free download links, I get a popup "Disable adblock".
That is correct and intentional behaviour.
jrodman2 wrote:
I don't like this because it's a user safety issue
How is displaying ads a safety issue? We only use Google Ads which have the highest safety-standards of any online advertisement service in the world.
jrodman2 wrote:
and hey I could pay but I don't do business with paypal.
That would be a personal decision, but why? PayPal is the most trustworthy secure and largest, online payment provider in the world.
jrodman2 wrote:
But on the second hand, I prefer to pay for bandwidth with ads than simply going home. So I switch off uBlock for the site, and then click download. I get a blue bar, and then a download, but no ad ever appears.
So download is working, but I think I'm not offsetting costs. Are the ads videos (I block autoplay)? Or does Firefox default tracking blocking somehow prevent them from working?
In some cases anti-virus or firewall software configurations can occur in a manner that it does not allow the ads to pass.
jrodman2 wrote:
P.S. Have you considered creating a Patreon? I'd rather pay you to do the releases than pay you to download by a long shot, and it would be way more convenient.
Yes but as far as I know we don't qualify for that purpose as we are non-public / non-commercial in both regards.
jrodman2 wrote:
I can fix this on my end.
Glad to see you managed to fix it but I still wanted to give you some feedback.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information