Payment Options

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
KillerBee

19 Oct 2019 22:43

There are several issues you have with the public. There should multiple payment options Paypal is not a secure payment option and they have had breaches in the past. Your Free section needs to allow AdBlocking to protect the downloader from getting a virus/malware from your downloads or your ads you put on your website to pay for your files.

I use to be able to download and keep my adblocker on without any issues.

Also, with your advancement in partnering with TruckersMP, you should look at allowing us to download the files through TruckerMP's mod launcher.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 05:19

1) PayPal is in-fact trusted, and instead of just saying they've had breaches in the past you should back up your claims. I have never seen anything on Hackernews or /r/netsec indicating such a breach and if one happened, it'll be all over the news.
2) We use a trusted ad platform. Those ads are used to assist with paying for the server infrastructure. I also take security very seriously. If you want to download the mod for free you need to do your part with whitelisting ProMods in your ad blocker otherwise a paid option is available.
3) Also, without ads, there will be no site nor no mod.
4) We like to keep downloads on our own infrastructure so we've got control of the full download process. Also putting the mod on TruckersMP will for starters cause a massive surge of traffic for them and also likely won't pay our server bills. You're underestimating how much traffic this site generates.
Promods Server Administrator

ScuL
Founder

20 Oct 2019 06:36

Hi and welcome to our forums.

It's never a good introduction when you commence with a salty post.
Can I please take the liberty to provide you with a salty response?
KillerBee wrote:
19 Oct 2019 22:43
There are several issues you have with the public.
Oh really?
There should multiple payment options
There are multiple payment options. Users can pay with bank transfer, credit card, and some local payment methods such as IDEAL/SOFORT. We simply use PayPal as the payment gateway. You do not need to keep any balance on your account to purchase ProMods.
Paypal is not a secure payment option and they have had breaches in the past.
PayPal is recognised worldwide for being the most popular and safest online payment platform.
Your Free section needs to allow AdBlocking
No, thank you for your recommendation. If we allow that we will lose a lot of necessary income.
to protect the downloader from getting a virus/malware from your downloads or your ads you put on your website to pay for your files.
All ads served on the ProMods website are provided by Google Adsense and are 100% safe - they do not contain any viruses or malware.
I use to be able to download and keep my adblocker on without any issues.
Yes, we introduced that feature after we changed from using Adfly sponsored links to our own servers to be able to raise the same amount of income in ads.
Also, with your advancement in partnering with TruckersMP, you should look at allowing us to download the files through TruckerMP's mod launcher.
Doing that will most likely crash their website. We generated 83TB of data traffic in less than 24 hours.

Have a nice day :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information