[Ask] Economy Rebalance for ProMods

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
wen_nug

17 May 2020 11:05

Hi Everyone, firstly lemme appreciate all of the works for the ProMods Team. ProMods is definitely my must have mod otherwise I can't enjoy the vanilla game as much as the ProMods installed.

I've been enjoying the game but I feel like the economy is too easy, like I don't really care too much about fuel, truck maintenance, and AI driver's fee per kilometer. And the money keep piling up unless I accidentally hit pretty hard or flip my truck.

So, recently, I've been messing around with economy_data.sii, tweaking the numbers to make the economy a bit harder. Not too challenging but at least I can gain as much as 1/3 of the regular earning. And since I'm not a real programmer and not exactly good with mathematics, I'm having trouble to keep the whole economy balanced. That's being said, I need your help to get this done.

Yes, yes, I hear you. There are some economy mods out there but I don't really want to alter too much. I really wish I can still experience the vanilla economy but in a slower pace.

For now, these are things I changed in economy_data.sii from both promods-def-st-v245.scs and promods-me-defmap-v245.scs:

garage_prod_plan_tiny: 20000
garage_prod_plan_small: 70000
garage_prod_plan_large: 100000

#
# AI driver related configuration
#
fuel_cost_per_km: (0.9, 1.25) # for driver simulation
driver_max_cargo_damage: 6.0 # in %, decrease with skill
driver_maintenance_cost: (1.1, 1.35) # maintenance + insurance, base range in E/km
minimal_driver_salary: 125 # fixed part of driver's pay
driver_revenue_coef_per_km: 0.22 # Revenue coefficient used during quick job and drivers jobs.
driver_cargo_market_revenue_coef_per_km: 0.23 # Revenue coefficient used during cargo market jobs for drivers.

##
## Skill job filtering
## Job distance limit (in km of real world)
##
skill_distance[0]: 500
skill_distance[1]: 750
skill_distance[2]: 1000
skill_distance[3]: 1500
skill_distance[4]: 2000
skill_distance[5]: 3000

fixed_revenue: 600
revenue_coef_per_km: 0.35 # Revenue coefficient per km used during freight market jobs.
cargo_market_revenue_coef_per_km: 0.375 # Revenue coefficient per km used during cargo market jobs.

There must be many other things I should change. I don't know if changing the ferry prices and fuel prices is necessary but I feel it is.

This might be my personal project. If anyone here have some tips and guidance, it would be very much appreciated.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information