UK Traffic

You can share and discuss ETS2 AI car mods here
cadenysd

13 Oct 2020 14:47

Hi all. I have been playing ETS2 for quite some time now but have only recently acquired Promods. I mostly drive around the UK with occasional visits to other countries. That being said, I would like to think that I am rather familiar with the trucking scene in the UK, though I am not a citizen.

I noticed that most trucks in the UK are of 6x4 or 6x2/2 configurations; basically, they have three axles in total. Having done some testing, I noticed that with or without traffic mods, most AI trucks that spawn are of a 4x2 configuration.

I'm quite particular about realism in the game, as most of us here are, I'm sure. I fiddled around with the Def file and somehow managed to put UK license plates of cars registered after 2017 into the game (Previously only spawned license plates of up to 2017). I also fiddled around with some of the traffic files to try and test each method while referring to other tutorials to see if there are any similarities in editing such files, but to no avail.

I was wondering if there was any way I would be able to edit the def files (or whatever necessary files to increase 6x4 or 6x2/2 spawns and reduce 4x2 spawns? If anyone could get back to me I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheers!

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2020 10:15

1. for game base traffic: extract the game files (def) or take my Real Ai traffic FMOD sounds and modify the spawn_ratio of trucks, the 6x4 chassis are easy to identify as title of the trucks includes the chassis type. you find the truck files in def/vehicle/ai folder

2. for trucks from mods (like jazzycat) you find the trucks files in def/vehicle/ai/jazzycat or def/vehicle/trucks and here you must modify the spawn_ratio as well. if trucks do not have chassis type in title when you open the files you will see if there are 3 lines of wheel accessory or only two so you will know what spawn to give to each. for packs with country spawn is more complicated because you need to increase/decrease the spawn_ratio in the country files (def/country) which overwrites the spawn set in the truck files.

technically speaking you chose a ratio between 6x4 vs 4x2 and stick to the same numbers, for example you add spawn_ratio 3 to 6x4 chassis trucks and leave unchanged for 4x2 (default spawn is 1), if you want this exclusively in UK then for packs with country spawn you only modify the spawn_ratio for UK and for the base trucks you need to create a separate file for uk following scs example (or add the trucks in the def/country/uk/traffic.sii directly

there is a lot of sii/sui editing so good luck!
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

cadenysd

14 Oct 2020 16:30

Thanks for your reply cipinho. As I am very new to the modding scene, I am sure to encounter many problems along the way. May I know if I can then contact you privately to resolve any issues instead of having to come back to this topic? Thanks.

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2020 19:07

you can always post here as I do not connect to ProMods forum very often and I left the SCS forum. therefore others may help as well in my absence, anyway normally you have all the info you need in my previous post. we keep in touch ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Kjrsv
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2020 03:55

Hi, I'm in a similar boat as I mainly go around the UK. Did you figure out how to do it? I noticed that cars in that folder have spawn_ratio whereas the trucks don't. Do you know what the appropriate file I need to edit is?
I found this; https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=60 but without too much digging, or looking up to see if it's been changed, I noticed that it isn't there either. Would it work to add my own lines of code to traffic_vehicle_type.sii? I only have a basic knowledge of modding and am not very familiar with ETS2. Thanks.

Cipus
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2020 22:12

Kjrsv wrote:
01 Nov 2020 03:55
I noticed that cars in that folder have spawn_ratio whereas the trucks don't. Do you know what the appropriate file I need to edit is?
you can always add spawn ratio to trucks in the same way as cars have. the ratio will simply act versus other trucks! if a trucks has no spawn_ratio rule means that default ratio (1) will apply.
you should never rely on old posts and this is more than 4 years ago!!! traffic has completely changed ever since and all those rules except the storage link has changed! if this is what you found about traffic on SCS forum it means that after my departure traffic knowledge has dropped more than I imagined it will :lol:

Return to “ETS2 AI mods”

• Information