Lighting weirdness since 1.40/2.52

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2021 15:30

First: I'm asking this here as information on the internet, be it official or on Steam and others is non-conclusive towards my specific issue, so I'd rather ask the Promods Community who I think is of higher standard.
Second: I'm not sure if this is ProMods related, but I have to ask somewhere.

With ETS 2 1.40, the lighting changed, so I updated my mods (Promods, Jazzycat traffic packs and yellow lights to 1.40, those are the only mods I run) and my yellow headlights seem to bring back different results from road tarmac and road signs, as can be seen in the next picture:

As you can see the road signs are great, as they should be with the yellow lights, however the road surface is now a see of blinding white which is actually why one uses yellow lights both in real life and in game, to not have this kind of whitewash effect. Strangely in the immediate surrounding of the truck and to the side the yellow lights work properly. Full beam gives the same result, a white wash to infinity and beyond.

Also, and this is then not mod related, the dashboard lighting is basically non-existant, which makes me think it is indeed game related somehow, as I have no mod for dashboard lighting.

Second image gives another strange behaviour:
In the real mirrors and through the front window it's still black outside, but in the "fake" mirror it's already growing daylight, which makes for a weird effect.

Again, I want to stress that I don't know if this is Promods related or not, but I'd love to get my yellow lights back and this community is of higher quality than the ETS2 standard, so hence why I'm posting it here.

PS: Loving the real French roadsigns of Mulhouse, they're brilliant and finally real to life.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

ScuL
Founder

03 Apr 2021 01:46

The problems you describe are caused by mods that have not been updated to the 1.40 lighting system..
As you are an experienced user I guess you know how to find the fault :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2021 07:29

Yeah, it's what I feared, which means I 'll have to wait for that mod to be updated. I just found it strange it works like...half, I would have thought that a mod either works or doesn't.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information