Ferry timetables

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Lukemfc

11 Apr 2021 09:34

Is there any mod out there or even promods, which when get to a port you have to wait for certain times in the day for it to sail,you could plan of going to make the boat on time , maybe need to found a rest area first before setting off to the port depending what times boat are,just totally unrealistic when arrive at a port then straight on the boat to your destination, it would add so much to this game had a look and surprised no mod is out there.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2021 09:42

I just use the console to set the time of day to the next ferry departure. Interesting when there’s only one or two crossings a week! :lol: gotta make that boat!

Lukemfc

11 Apr 2021 16:13

Not bad idea that.I just can’t believe with all the mods out there no one looked into this I think it would achieve so many downloads

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2021 20:35

Difficult to implement I guess. Hopefully it’s on SCS to-do list.

ScuL
Founder

12 Apr 2021 00:18

With the current game engine it's not technically possible
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Lukemfc

12 Apr 2021 12:46

I understand thank you for replying

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2021 16:44

I use an AETR Tachograph plugin, so basicaly I can rest anywhere anytime, so what I do when taking a boat, is that when I begin the trip to the port, I'll check the real life timetables to see when is the next departure to know which ferry I have to catch, and then when I arrive, with the g_set_time xx:xx command (Which is by the way you take any kind of rest when using the plugin) I set it to that time and then board the ferry.

I've been playing like this for years. It makes the experience much much more realistic especially when taking a long ferry where's only 1-2 departures per day as said above. This way you really need to plan ahead which ferry to take and when.

It might sound complicated at first but when you get the hang of it, it's very simple, and the only complicated thing about it is the planning beforehand but that's a thing that you'd have to deal with in RL as well.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Shiva

12 Apr 2021 22:16

How about the ferries that go once or twice a week?
Check if 1 can catch one, or drive instead?
+ cheers for the information.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Lukemfc

12 Apr 2021 22:57

That’s really interesting I’m going to try that certainly will make it more interesting thanks the for information and you never know make see a design like it one day

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 07:58

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
12 Apr 2021 16:44
I use an AETR Tachograph plugin, so basicaly I can rest anywhere anytime, so what I do when taking a boat, is that when I begin the trip to the port, I'll check the real life timetables to see when is the next departure to know which ferry I have to catch, and then when I arrive, with the g_set_time xx:xx command (Which is by the way you take any kind of rest when using the plugin) I set it to that time and then board the ferry.

I've been playing like this for years. It makes the experience much much more realistic especially when taking a long ferry where's only 1-2 departures per day as said above. This way you really need to plan ahead which ferry to take and when.

It might sound complicated at first but when you get the hang of it, it's very simple, and the only complicated thing about it is the planning beforehand but that's a thing that you'd have to deal with in RL as well.
This ^^^ I use the same plug in for a more realistic experience. Requires some knowledge of tachograph rules but if you learn them it’s great.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information