I don't know if it's just me, but Promods Spain > SCS Iberia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
dsekglnl

11 Apr 2021 13:57

Playing one with Vanilla profile I was able to explore SCS Iberia; and then with my usual profile I was able to play Promods Spain.

I have to congratulate the team again - reading through the forum it sounds like you don't often get thanks but I have to say well done and I'm really grateful that people are doing this for free.

I will certainly miss a lot when Promods 2.55 comes out and SCS Iberia overwrites many Promods parts.

Can I please suggest that at least some signs (the mileage ones, the "Welcome to X" province signs and the electronic signs e.g. AP-2 17 mins, Barcelona 1hr 32 mins ones at least) and scenery remain? If it's too much work then ignore!

Thanks again for your great work.

tantalus

11 Apr 2021 20:38

Its the opposite around. If you use promods, it will overwrite SCS Iberia when 2.55 is released unless they make two versions of the mod. You wont have half+ of Iberia to play, but at least you will have a proper Iberia made by promods team.

Im really hoping that Iberia Promods keeps working on Spain because SCS Iberia is completely hideous. Boring, with just a couple of secondary roads, almost no landmarks (and i already completed about 85% of the entire DLC) and pretty plain and desertic work on landscapes when in real life is not even closer like that. In top of that, the terrible new lightning system doesnt help, at all. Im very dissapointed with SCS at this point, so i cant wait for promods 2.55.

R3L3NTL3555
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2021 20:47

I don't want to cause any offence but Promods Spain aged badly in my opinion. San Sabastian for example is probably one of the most laggiest areas on the Promods map and the junction interchanges are very confusing. Yes there are some decent areas, such as Valencia, Barcelona and ciudad real but the majority of it needs to be scrapped or redone. I also don't like driving on highways that resemble the Nürburgring. road markings especially in the border areas are an eyesore too.

dsekglnl

11 Apr 2021 23:10

tantalus wrote:
11 Apr 2021 20:38
Its the opposite around. If you use promods, it will overwrite SCS Iberia when 2.55 is released unless they make two versions of the mod. You wont have half+ of Iberia to play, but at least you will have a proper Iberia made by promods team.

Im really hoping that Iberia Promods keeps working on Spain because SCS Iberia is completely hideous. Boring, with just a couple of secondary roads, almost no landmarks (and i already completed about 85% of the entire DLC) and pretty plain and desertic work on landscapes when in real life is not even closer like that. In top of that, the terrible new lightning system doesnt help, at all. Im very dissapointed with SCS at this point, so i cant wait for promods 2.55.
I absolutely agree, a lot of things from Promods Spain are missed - I very much preferred driving in Promods Spain compared to SCS Iberia.

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2021 16:57

I do not why SCS does not feature the city center of the capital city Madrid because there is much detail to add. I really like the way how promods design large cities like London: motorways surrounding the city and also adding much detail to build the city center.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2021 22:08

Because trucks are not allowed in 95% of city centers anywhere, unless special cases/deliveries.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

tantalus

14 Apr 2021 20:37

In real life you can see from the distance driving anywhere, the entire city of Madrid and many tall famous buildings, and those "views" are inexistent in the DLC. Why? i dont have a clue.
That is one of the most important things when driving and enjoying the landscapes.
It doesnt feel like Madrid, at all. And it happens in many other cities as well. Be lucky if you find a landmark in 75% of the cities you drive around.
And where are the coastal cities????? i counted three in total. THREE. And you cant even drive through the actual coast, because we dont have roads.
Because there are no secondary roads and other paths to make deliveries makes some cities just an attrezzo and completely avoidable (not that you can actually avoid em since as i said there are no secondary roads... sigh).

Now, i dont want to diminish (sorry dont know exactly how that word is spelled..) the work of SCS in this dlc. Some areas are very detailed and all that, but for me one of the main points of the game
is that i want to feel like im actually driving through the outskirts of a city, and that im actually driving through a specific city/country. If i dont feel that im driving through Spain.. whats the point?
Also the other important thing for me is to have many ways to reach my destination, taking secondary roads if i want to, enjoy other villages, etc.. none of that is present in the dlc.
Last edited by tantalus on 15 Apr 2021 18:48, edited 2 times in total.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 08:51

And that, folks, is why we have ProMods! Although it's a shame that ProMods Spain gets overwritten by the SCS Iberia DLC for now, I'm sure ProMods will restore Spain to it's glory through the coming months and years, but man, how am I going to miss Embalse de Contreras, the secondary road from Barcelona to Valencia, and so much more... What is said here of Madrid, I also have with Rome in the Italia DLC. There is really nothing there, absolutely nothing, that tells me that I am in Rome. Hopefully ProMods will rebuild this city as well. And for that it is not even necessary to be able to drive through the historic centre, which is not possible in real life either.

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 16:55

You are right. Promods London, Brussels, and Vienna really give me the feeling of driving in that particular city. But think about this way, SCS dlcs need to meet the need of those low spec PCs, which means they could not detail the city as much as promods.

tantalus

15 Apr 2021 18:46

It has nothing to do with meeting low performance pcs. In fact, the work on the models is already in there, the only thing that is left is to open all those closed secondary roads (you know those marked with the "X") and make routes. SCS does this in every single DLC but its waaaay more noticeable in Spain. They focus only on main roads to have a safe joint between all the cities, and thats about it. They have been more lazy dlc after dlc. I understand they have more work now than before, but again, without secondary roads, you reach a point where all the interest on driving is lost. And this is one of the main reasons i always use promods. I know they focus more on expanding, rather than creating, and this is something that SCS doesnt understand. Its like if they build the "bones" for promods and let them to expand it... :lol:

And again, if SCS thinks that the game is no longer friendly for "old" pcs they should focus on upgrading the game engine, adding multicore support and speciallly a decent antialiasing system, instead of adding half-baked and pointless features one after another, like this new lighting system, that made the game to look even worst than before and nobody asked for.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 16 Apr 2021 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information