Are there any plans to display the scenery cities on the global map?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
peterwu0005

23 Apr 2021 18:10

As I travelled through ATS, I found that many scenic cities, for example, Burlington W.A, Cresent City, Alturas, etc., are really large and well-built, but are not marked on the global map. I would like to ask if there are any plans to display them on the map, as a marker, just like the city of Hainburg and Sangerhausen in ETS 2!

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2021 18:14

Those cities are from the base game(or other DLCs) and we wont touch those areas in ATS, since it would require saving the sectors in our mod, which would mean that any bugfixes or merging process when new stuff from SCS gets added in these areas would need to get done by us.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

peterwu0005

23 Apr 2021 18:21

Ooof, that seems to be awful. I thought that the only that should be done is a few texts and marks that can display the name of the cities, however the real situation seems to be more complicated and intricate than I expected! Thanks for letting me know!

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2021 18:47

It is also worth noting that these cities have no depots to deliver or take cargo from, so displaying them in the map would be needlessly confusing when trying to take a job, as a large number of the displayed cities would never produce or accept cargo.

I do like the idea of showing scenery towns on the map, but this is something SCS would have to implement as only they could add a method to display the names in the world map but not in the job market.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information