Going from dual carriageway to single carriageway in the UK

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
jonnytruckeruk

01 May 2021 08:50

I want to extend an existing road (originally it went nowhere, a blocked route), I tried adding a dual to single narrowing prefab (UK) but it had the red/green nodules the wrong way around, how can I make them switch positions? I did set the left hand drive option, that looks fine.

What's the best workflow for adding roads - would it be best to start off with a straight road to the destination then add bends / height, or add bends / height as I go?

Also I couldn't find the matching pavement ending for this, there is a certain pavement on the existing road but the 'pavement ends' doesn't seem to have an option that matches so it suddenly changes to a different pavement style before ending, any help with this too please? Probably don't need the pavement there anyway but I do need to 'end' the pavement at some point so the problem would still exist.

Thanks!

Vøytek
Developer

01 May 2021 18:38

When placing a new prefab, you can change the Origin (location of the red node) ;)
jonnytruckeruk wrote:
01 May 2021 08:50
What's the best workflow for adding roads - would it be best to start off with a straight road to the destination then add bends / height, or add bends / height as I go?
I think it would be a smart idea to plan your road first. Place it, with all bends and height differences, in the void. To see how much space it'll take, where you can have more scenery etc. Then start filling the terrain and details, adjusting that draft road a bit where needed.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

jonnytruckeruk

01 May 2021 21:35

Vøytek wrote:
When placing a new prefab, you can change the Origin (location of the red node) ;)
Very useful info, thanks!
Vøytek wrote:
I think it would be a smart idea to plan your road first. Place it, with all bends and height differences, in the void. To see how much space it'll take, where you can have more scenery etc. Then start filling the terrain and details, adjusting that draft road a bit where needed.
When you say "in the void" do you mean as a new map in the map editor, or just somewhere away from the rest of the existing roads?

As I intend to add roads and places to the europe base map, can I build a map that 'adds' to this base map or do I have to edit the europe map? I'm really unsure about how that sort of thing works! Would a map in the mod folder overwrite the base map? If that is the case, what would be the best way to line up my roads with the base map?

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information