how to connect map mods with other maps

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
ilkerakbulut52

17 May 2021 08:36

i am making offroad map mod and i don't know how to connect with scs map or promods middle east sorry for bad english :|

attom01

21 May 2021 16:33

Hi All, this i a very good question, I am trying to make an addon for Ontario, Canada. Sooner or later will try to connect.

attom01

19 Jun 2021 01:03

Think you have to copy sectors +xxxx - zzzz from original then ad them to you own map,
think this is why the load order is important. Please correct if I am wrong, Thanks

ilkerakbulut52

20 Jul 2021 20:21

thanks even if i don't understand

digitalxak

22 Jul 2021 16:24

I'll try and break it down for you in easy to understand steps. I have made a few small mods here and there so the process is somewhat simple, however it may take a few tries to get it just right.

As you may or may not know the maps in ETS2/ATS are built on sectors. These sectors are numbered such as "-0001+0001" and "-0002+0001" for example. You can see these in the Map Editor when you cycle Editor views using the "A" key.

Let's say for example you want to start a road connecting to an existing road in sector "-0001+0001". You would connect your junctions, roads etc to make it your own or perhaps leading to a company etc.

Once you have finished with that particular road and sector make note of the sector your changes occupy.

In "user_map/map/<mapname>" for example you will now have a list of sectors. You will need to copy all 4 files relating to that sector.

Each sector has:

Aux
Base
Data
Desc

Which are shown as a file type in your folder. These all need to be copied into your own mod folder.

Here's an example of what you need to copy:

https://i.imgur.com/y1kCdOK.jpg

Put those sectors in your own .zip/.scs file.

You should have a bare minimum of those 4 sectors in: <mapnamefolder>/map/usa or europe/ Then put your sectors inside the usa or europe folder (depending on your game of choice.)

Once done, it should look like this: https://i.imgur.com/qjaMSvi.jpg

Put that in a .zip (put the folder into an archive) and place it in your Mod Manager. Those sectors now contained within the newly created .zip will now take effect onto the base game map.

Apologies if that's too long winded but it's better I go into detail than give you a brief reply.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information