ProMods Community Discord ban appeal topic

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
asasda2131242rf

30 Aug 2023 11:41

I believe I was banned for posting an offensive meme and bringing up the topic of religion which started a harsh conversation. I apologize for my actions, this will not happen again. I am asking for a second chance.
Discord ID: 790277737482289173

// Jebany gówniarz - zpierdalaj

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2023 16:36

You were literally banned yesterday. You think we'd lift the ban after one day?

Also if you weren't banned for your meme(s), you were banned for your username for the same reason.

"Jebany gówniarz" means "f'ing kid" in Polish and "zpierdalaj" means "f* off" in Polish.

Please don't tell us you didn't knew, Polish has a too specific of order of letters in their language to be a coincidence. ;)

We thank you for your apology though. That's a good start, but no, we won't unban any time soon.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2023 18:56

Dripmeister wrote:
22 Jul 2023 22:18
Volleybal4life wrote:
13 Feb 2023 07:54
Well, you got banned for the fact your username (same as the one you've got here, but I'll get to that) and avatar violate rule 2.12. 'Arguments that lead to unrest, including the discussion of political matters'.

Therefor I also you like to ask you to think about a different nickname to use here on our forum. Jihad is not a word we like to see here. In the Western world Jihad doesn't really mean anything positive.

If you can please tell us your new nickname we can change it here, and unban you on our Discord, so you can change the nickname and avatar there too. And gain your access again.
Hey, I'm really sorry for taking forever to reply to this, university, work, and life in general got in the way of the me time I allowed myself to have lol. I just want to make it clear that I understand what you're saying with regards to my username, and while I don't mean to carry any political implications with my username (I'm Middle Eastern myself), I get the point and would be more than willing to change my username. My avatar on Discord has also changed as well. Although, with both my new and old Discord avatars were also not intended to make a political stance, they were simply intended to be absurd to the point of humor.

Ultimately though, I am open to changing my username in the Discord server and on this forum (can I do that myself?) in order to gain access back into the ProMods Discord and contribute to discussions in the community. I look forward to hearing back from you soon, and thanks!

EDIT: I tried digging around and I determined that I can't change my username on here, so please change it to Dripmeister for me if you can, thanks!
Good day,

My true apologies for the delay. I was reading this whole topic again, and I/we seem to have missed your reply...

I have changed your nickname on the forum and unbanned you on our Discord. You should be able to get onto it again to change your nickname there too.

Please be kind (but faster than me) and respond back if you done so :)

Again, huge apologies for the delay..
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

greenshadow1

02 Sep 2023 16:45

Hello, i got banned because seemingly for posting a meme (that was posted multiple times before in the discord), that seemingly provoke a religious or political debate, however, i didnt mean that by doing and i wasnt even online, and even looking back, it didnt even provoke any religious or political debate. I also got no warning.
Could i get unbanned? The image was just "Masterpieces always have (Image of Balkans), its cheap copy (Image of South America)", i really dont get it.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

02 Sep 2023 17:35

Well, that image did offend other people and thus you have been banned. There is no warning, since this was a 2.x rule which are major offences that will lead to a permanent ban without warnings.
And no, we wont unban you, especially since you joined with another account which is also a violation of a 2.x rule.
Also next time read the first post and add all information neccesary, like your discord Username/ID
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

greenshadow1

02 Sep 2023 19:03

<removed quote>

I only joined with another account to try contact modmail, didnt really intend to evade ban. Was just to contact a moderator.
And again, didnt mean to offend anyone, i'm not sure why i cant be unbanned. It seems exagerated, i couldnt even delete said content or say sorry as i was sleeping.

Merged double post:
And also, regarding evade ban, that account was way before the ban, so its actually an old account i had there.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 03 Sep 2023 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the post directly above yours.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2023 07:51

As explained above, you got banned for breaking rule:
ProMods Discord rules wrote: 2.04
Memes are allowed but will result in a ban when they (a) provoke a religious or political debate, (b) provoke others, (c) are related to death or (d) are inappropriate for public consumption or workplace.
And well, you agreed to the rules prior to joining the Discord.

For the 'old' account you used. It doesn't change the fact it violates rule 2.10. Clone accounts don't necessarily need to be 'new' accounts.

The rules can be read by anyone, verified or not, and there it clearly states how you need to appeal a ban.
ProMods Discord rules wrote: 1.02.
If you have been banned permanently you can appeal your ban here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39952
So there was no reason to use the second account to contact ModMail.
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

greenshadow1

03 Sep 2023 15:02

<removed quote>

Except it didnt provoke a debate, has i checked the messages after the post of the "meme".
This was simply power abuse, because a moderator got offended by such image, Tedesco.
If it was a normal member, wouldnt have happened, and the political debate never happened either.

Merged double post:
But its a moderator, they can power trip like this. I wasnt even online, Tedesco didnt even message me.
Lets be honest, permanently banning for a image like this is a overreaction.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 03 Sep 2023 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2023 17:37

Well, read again, and read carefully. The reason why you got banned is right there..

Things you see, might not be everything. ;)
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

greenshadow1

03 Sep 2023 19:20

Anyway, have a good day.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information