Do you miss any city in CURRENT map?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Luthiery Cavalcante

06 Oct 2014 05:28

I don't mean future updates by promods or SCS, it's about the current road network.

I miss specially Bristol and Leeds (UK), Auxerre (France), Basel (Switz.), Eindhoven (Netherlands) and Plzen (Czech Rep.)

Which more cities you would like to view? ;)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Oct 2014 08:13

Short answer:
Bristol + Leeds: UK development is on hold due to plans of SCS.
Auxerre: Maybe Kutchek got that one planned, idk.
Basel + Eindhoven: There's no room due to the map scale.
Plzen: Promods hadn't started development there yet, so it'll maybe come, or maybe not.

Any further cities:
I'm happy with the cities that we've got. What Promods adds to ETS2 is fine, what they don't add is fine too. I don't care.
I like the game as it is, I let the team do what they wanna do and build what's possible.

I don't request anything. I'll see what's ready when it's ready, and that's fine :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

06 Oct 2014 09:57

Ports with ferry opportunities and maybe new unload points at harbours with container and/or ro/ro terminals
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

06 Oct 2014 11:12

You will find Auxerre (France) on MsHeavyAlex's map - http://alexhaulingcrosseurope.blogspot.co.uk/
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Son of Wellington
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2014 18:26

cashtime2013 wrote:You will find Auxerre (France) on MsHeavyAlex's map - http://alexhaulingcrosseurope.blogspot.co.uk/
Is that map any good?

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2014 18:45

Son of Wellington wrote:
cashtime2013 wrote:You will find Auxerre (France) on MsHeavyAlex's map - http://alexhaulingcrosseurope.blogspot.co.uk/
Is that map any good?
Excellent, especially if you enjoy two-lane mountain driving. Areas around Chur are epic! 8-)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Superdavecan

08 Oct 2014 18:53

I dunno, I'm convinced that Basel COULD actually fit in Switzerland. The border area between Switzerland and France in the map is in a city-like area anyway... and as long as there are no plans to build Mulhouse, France or Freiburg, Germany it should be fine. It'll be a tight fit, but if they can make Utrecht fit next to Amsterdam (which they plan to do), then they actually may have even more space for Basel (depending how much space there is left with the mountains).

In the UK I made a list in the current map improvements thread:
In England:
- Truro or Penzance
- Brighton
- Oxford
- Leicester or Nottingham
- Leeds
- York

In Scotland, which is really badly lacking:
- Dundee
- Fort William
- Inverness
- Wick or Thurso

And although this isn't a city, something that was, quite frankly, done wrong by SCS and not fixed by Kutchek... the road connecting Lille and Paris is a country road in the game. How could the A1, one of the most important motorways in France, get excluded? Although I agree that there should be a balance between motorways and country roads, in this case I really do think that one needs to be replaced.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2014 19:05

To be fair, IMO the whole of SCS France and UK needs a rebuild, but obviously this will never happen to that extent. What I would like eventually is a rebuild of London and Birmingham, and some of those cities Dave suggested.

rarespetrosanu

08 Oct 2014 19:11

uk_daf_fan wrote:To be fair, IMO the whole of SCS France and UK needs a rebuild, but obviously this will never happen to that extent. What I would like eventually is a rebuild of London and Birmingham, and some of those cities Dave suggested.
Well the spaghetti junction will be on target for Birmimgham :D , for London so many many things to reppair
France's SCS is pretty bad in some points but we have Kutchek to fix those problems ;)

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

09 Oct 2014 01:08

uk_daf_fan wrote:To be fair, IMO the whole of SCS France and UK needs a rebuild,
Probably the most important things in a France rebuild would be straightening the East-West stretch of the A16, extending A26 all the way to Calais and adding A1 to Lille/hooking it onto the end of A2. Planning to include A320 (Built to meet up with the end of Autobahn 6) would also not be a bad idea. There's currently no direct Motorway link between France and Germany on the map, you've got to go via Belgium or Switzerland.

Paris could maybe benefit from moving everything outside of the Super Peripherique and a few of the interchanges on N104 ought to be changed.

The North-South stretch of A16 is fine to drive along (at 130km/h even), as is the existing section of A26.

But this is all long-term pie-in-the-sky stuff that can wait if it's even considered.

Considering A1's importance, I don't see why D1070/D917 took priority. Particularly since avoiding it means driving via Calais or Reims, both of which are tolled. The same goes for a lot of the small Vanilla roads: they're not interesting enough and they're frustrating due to lack of good passing opportunities. Driving them at Night, when the traffic is actually tolerable, means you miss the few interesting things SCS put on some of these routes.

While Kutchek's D-Roads and the Niko's Secondary Roads in Denmark might ravage your fuel economy, I've not once been stuck behind another truck impatiently waiting for a passing opportunity. I take every opportunity I can to drive via Herning and Viborg. Going East also did a good job of making the small roads more interesting.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information