Weird problem

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
BelGarion
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2022 12:10

I mean really weird. I doubt anyone can help but, hey, you never know. Ok, so. I have two profiles. One just has Google Sat Nav, Everything Unlock, and some JazzyCat trailer mods, and nothing else. This is for when the game updates I can still play until Pro Mods updates by using this other, no map mod, profile. The other profile has all the previous mods plus ProMods, ProMods Middle East, and ProMods Company and Trailer Pack using the Standalone pack. Both profiles uses the exact same setup for controls and settings (I copied the settings.sii and controls.sii from the no map mod profile to the map mod profile) and on the truck, a Scania , Topline, 6x4 chassis, DC16 103 730 Euro6 V8 engine, Opticruser GRS0 925R 12+2 transmission, 385/55 Michelin Xline Energy F for the steer tires, 315/70 Michelin Xline Energy D2 for both sets of drives. That is all relevant. On the non map mod profile I've been playing the last month or so with it, only one turn over when I came into a curve a bit too hot after I got the new tires. On the ProMods map profile I've flipped over twice in one run. The next run I wound up on two wheels multiple times. And, yes, I do adhere to the speed limit, if it says 50 mph I go somewhere between 50 and 51mph. So I am stumped. Truck and Trailer Stability settings are, on both profiles, all the way to the right as is cabin stiffness and the other suspension based setting. Only difference between the two profiles is the one I am unstable in has ProMods installed the stable one I don't have ProMods installed.

Josh0

08 Jan 2022 15:37

Speed limits are the maximum speed that you can travel. Just because you can drive that fast does not mean that you should drive that fast. ;) You must drive to the conditions. Trucks with trailers often must slow-down for corners or sharp turns.

BelGarion
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2022 11:39

You kind of missed the point. If I have two trucks that are mirrors of one another, same brand, same model, same chassis, same engine, same tires, etc and the driver is the same then it should be similar driving experiences. But it isn't and the only difference is one is running ProMods 2.6 and the other isn't.

Josh0

10 Jan 2022 15:38

Well ProMods Europe/Middle-East doesn't change any truck or trailer settings/conditions, nor any gameplay settings. However the ProMods Trailers & Company Pack does have a few custom trailer models (only for quick jobs and freight market). Are you really comparing "apples to apples" by driving the same stretch of road in both your ProMods profile and your other profile? The same trailer/cargo/weight?
BelGarion wrote:
08 Jan 2022 12:10
(I copied the settings.sii and controls.sii from the no map mod profile to the map mod profile)
I am not aware of any file called "settings.sii". There are three files in each game profile folder which contain game settings: config.cfg, config_local.cfg, and controls.sii. Did you copy all three of those files from one profile to the other?

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information