Why do I get blocked from promods.net if I try to post an imgur embed script?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2022 20:21

Question to the moderators / forum administrators:

Everytime when I post a bug report at the bug report forum, I get a 'you've been blocked from promods.net' message when I try to submit an embed link of imgur to display a screenshot within the message. After that, my text is gone. The only way to show a screenshot is to paste the url to imgur in the message, but then the screenshot doesn't appear in the message, but you have to follow a link to imgur to see the image. Throughout the forum I see several others being able to post the embedded variant of an imgur screenshot. Why do I get a blocked-message if I do so?

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2022 20:40

Can you please post a picture of the error message you're getting.
Also, are you sure that you're copying the correct link? There should be somewhere a button labeled "get share links"(On the left side the 3 dots) after you've uploaded the picture and there should be the link for BBCode(Forums) which is the correct one, because embed script sound kinda wrong for me. The link should looks something like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ftwktBd.png[/img]
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2022 00:06

Ah, that makes sense, I hadn't seen the three dots... So only thing I got was the URL to imgur and the HTML Embed script.
So, when I posted the latter, I got this screen:

But, as you can see, now I got the hang of it, so thanks for the tip! ;)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information