First gaming pc

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
craigr98

18 Feb 2022 06:09

Hello, so I am looking to buy my first gaming pc and not wanting to go crazy with the budget, realstically which graphics card do I need to play pro mods?

B!ackMyth

23 Feb 2022 04:48

This isn't a good deal even for the 3600. If you're in the vicinity of the Micro Center they're currently selling 5600x's for less. If you aren't able to get one at the Micro Center The 5600x is available available on Amazon at a mere dollars more.

The Hyper 212 is a decent cooler, but IMO isn't worth the cost. I'd go with the Vetroo V5 or ID Cooling SE-224 that cost around $20 less and have the same performance or even better.

There are other components that can be exchanged but it's tough to make without knowing what your budget is.

bar.shoummo

01 Apr 2022 21:12

so, what's your budget?

craigr98

02 Apr 2022 11:41

I would say up to £1,000 but ideally I would like to pay less.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 03 Apr 2022 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

Garrington_Levy

17 May 2022 23:56

I'd recommend a Ryzen 5 2600x or 3600x, both are older cpu's yes, and do not have the same Giga chad personality of the latest offerings from AMD but both are extremely capable and can be found at reasonable prices on ebay and amazon new and used - they are low power too so don't set themselves on fire or cause grid outages.
As for a motherboard, the Asus B450 Prime-plus is ample, its AM4 socket so the two cpu's I've mentioned will slot right in no hassle - this MB is cable internet only as wifi is crap basically and for about £100 depending on where you shop, it's a bargain for what you get - it also has a sinlge M.2 slot.
An AOI like the H100 from Corsair for like £80 on amazon I have one and its fab.
Ram is expensive so no avoiding getting diddled there, but 16gb is a standard, nothing below 3000mhz, you can drop to 2666mhz but the performance is impacted - save money and have lesser speeds, or have higher speeds and less money, its down to your needs and tolerances.
A psu of 650w is a great basis to build from, corsair or EVGA are good brands with reputations of quality so worth looking at.
The case is down to you entirely, a really good start is the NZXT H510, it's super easy to build in and looks pretty swish - only issue is front air flow, it ain't great but the OE case fans are really good. Or you can go a bit more posh and opt for a Bequiet! case - these can be expensive but they're extremely high quality so you get what you pay for.
Now for the graphics card. This is the biggest issue, there are still loads of places selling them at grossly inflated prices, so shop around. A great gpu is the GTX1660 Super, I started with one and loved it, an MSI Ventus GTX1660 super is grear card - ignore the haters, MSI make great stuff at sensible prices unlike other brands who think silly flashing 'go faster lights' mean higher prices are fine.

At the end of the day, this is all down to you and what you feel you need. I have listed parts that make up what my gaming pc as it is and was. I got it for £670 on ebay and have since sold the graphics card and got an RTX2080super - another MSI ventus card, brand loyalty and all that - and gotten a Bequiet! pure base 500 case, which was expensive £90, but absolutely worth it.
If I were the Welsh Charles Bronson, I'd pay a quid for it.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information