Old trucker back on ets2 but need advice so please help

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
shaky1
Donation rank:

31 May 2022 02:10

Hi everyone,
The last time I played this game it had just come out and I remember buying the East DLC. I stopped playing shortly after but now I want to get back into it but I'm a lot older now and its all changed as there was no steam when I last played. I had to download it from SCS at the time.
A little background on me first, due to medical problems I can no longer use pedals to play and must use my paddles which isn't a big deal but I remember that there were cheats I could use to help like money, damage, etc. Since I am now 70 and would like to drive but without any contraints, I know this sounds terrible to everyone but it is what it is. Should I use the Steam or download the retail version and install it?
So I need to know should I use the Steam version or download retail so I can take advantage of some cheat mods if they still even exist.
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond.

ScuL
Founder

31 May 2022 04:11

Hi, you can use your retail game key on Steam and download and install the game over there because you have already paid for it.
You will need a lot of extra DLCs in order to be able to play ProMods and may be better off waiting for the next Steam Sale to obtain them (sometimes up to 70% discount)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

shaky1
Donation rank:

31 May 2022 19:55

Thank you for the advice re: steam. Can I download the DLC's from the SCS website or am I better off using Steam? My main question is can I find and use certain mods for extra money, no damage, etc. on the mods on Steam?
are the saved games saved locally on my computer?
Tks for you reply and patience.

ScuL
Founder

01 Jun 2022 02:30

If you are using the Steam version of the game the DLCs will need to be obtained via Steam also.
For DLCs the same is valid, if you still have a retail game key for the Going East DLC then you can load this into Steam free of charge.

Yes all mods work on Steam the same way as they used to on the retail version. Save games used to be local but once you have the game on Steam you can opt to save them "in the cloud" - this way you will never lose your progress
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Introductions”

• Information