How do I update ATS1.44 with Canada V1.20 to ATS1.45 with Canada V1.21

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Schnuffi71

05 Aug 2022 18:32

Hi,
so my primary question is the right order. Do I have to update the mods first? Do I need to switch off the mods in ATS1.44 first? And then update to V1.45? Do I need to start V1.45 before I update CanadaV1.21?

I don't want to lose any progress with not usable SaveGames Files. So what do I have to do? :D

Regards Schnuffi71

liano

05 Aug 2022 20:50

You have to download promods canada 1.2.1 first. Then extract (with 7zip for example) the downloaded file and put extracted content (scs files) + def file inside "mod" folder in your "my documents/American Truck Simulator" directory. After this (only now) open the game, with the profile you want to use (before continue with the profile), go to MOD manager and activate the new files and deactivate the older ones (use the proper load order suggested by promods). Exit MOD manager, click continue and enjoy the mod (note that it will redraw the navigation file so it can use more time to initiate).

Schnuffi71

05 Aug 2022 22:19

Thanks for reply, but I found out. ^^

Fist update to ATS1.45(In Steam I was still using the 1.44_Temporery_File, so I could still drive with Canada 1.20. So, update is only switch 'Betas off' :D). Then remove Canada 1.20 and replace it with Canada 1.21. After that start ATS1.45 and go immediately to Mod Manager. Remove the old entry using the 'left' arrow. And add the new entries and put them in the correct order, of course! (Def,Map,Models and then Assets, if I got it right.)
Leave mod Manager. After that Start.
1. The Game immediately complains about wrong Game Version/Save Files and such. Ignore it and Load last entry.(It's normally the latest AutoSave) He continues compaining, ignore again and load. The Game start to change the nav data... and in my case... the game crashed.

Restart!
I repeated the steps under Number 1.(Before that, I looked in the mod Manager, but I did not need to repeat the 'replacement' stuff), and this time the game didn't crash. All progress I made, was still there, even the garage in Vancouver(BC). I picked a job to (BC) drove a bit, saved and I will drive there next.

I hope the game doesn't crash, when I'm crossing the US-Border... (Thumb-pressing)

Greets Schnuffi71

PS: I guess the same precedure is working for ETS2, I hope...^^
PPS: Now I can buy Montana...^^

PPPS: And again, thanks for the effort all modders are willing to do. You're doing a great job !!!

Schnuffi71

06 Aug 2022 14:23

Hi, again.

I had no issues... :D I drove across the US-Border and ended a delivery to Kamloops(BC).

Greets

PS: Now I buy Montana...^^

Added in 2 hours 1 minute 1 second:

Updated ETS2 the same way. Works fine so far...

Greets

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information