Crash on 2.56 due corrupted .scs files?

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
baranismen

17 Nov 2022 13:46

Hi,

I seem to have this problem since yesterday.

I've paid & downloaded the EU map from the experimental site because I can't use PayPal in Turkey, and also downloaded ME addon from free-side, all was good extracted and put them on the very same places on mod order as before, deleted the older ones, but during loading screen (around middle bar) game always crashes.

Then I created a new profile and only activated ProMods to see if its a compatibility issue with other map mods or not. Only then I noticed that the Promods itself is crashing the game with or without the M.East addon. (def file is correctly set btw)

Then I decided to check the log first and I saw hundreds of read-error messages like "x city not found" etc etc. after I checked scs files I've downloaded and noticed that some of them can not be opened, saying its damaged ,whereas all other scs files can be opened with winrar.

I highly suspect that the zipped files are somehow broken (at least the ones I've downloaded), because there was no error messages or anything during extraction.

Right now I can not play and want to find an immediate solution for this.

Any ideas?

Josh0

17 Nov 2022 14:36

Please post your "game.log.txt" file after your game crashes. You can paste the contents of the file to pastebin.com and share the link to it here.
baranismen wrote:
17 Nov 2022 13:46
after I checked scs files I've downloaded and noticed that some of them can not be opened, saying its damaged
Some of the ProMods files are locked to prevent asset theft. They are not in .zip format (that is why WinRAR cannot open them). This does not mean that they are damaged.

Also please post an image showing the ProMods files in your mod folder, be sure to show complete filenames and file sizes.

baranismen

17 Nov 2022 18:24

Here's my log & crash.txt files

https://easyupload.io/m/2nfj9i

And here's the file sizes.

https://ibb.co/VjGdzc1

Josh0

17 Nov 2022 18:36

I'm not sure why you wrote "Crash on 2.56" in the title, you are clearly using ProMods Europe 2.63 and game version 1.46.

Your ProMods file sizes look correct to me. Your problem is the "HybridPlusRCv3" mod:
  1. This mod is made for ETS2 1.45, not for ETS2 1.46.
  2. This mod requires RoExtended, RusMap, Poland Rebuilding, ProMods Europe, and ProMods Middle-East. You cannot use it without all of these mods.
If your game still crashes after removing this mod then please post a new game.log.

baranismen

17 Nov 2022 18:55

Ok so I've discovered that I had to remove all world map mods, now its working again, yet out of scale on some places, also removed the trigger fixer.
Is there any updated map mod right now?

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information