What this mod even do ?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
FluxMode

26 Feb 2023 10:54

So I've installed the Europe mod and it changed virtually nothing, the roads and distances aren't 1:1 to real life.
Haven't even noticed much difference in city density nor any better models.

Maybe it added some extra cities idk, but overall it just made the game look worse, for some reason the mod has disabled anti-aliasing and everything is flickering on Ultra.

ScuL
Founder

26 Feb 2023 11:18

Building a 1:1 scale map of all of Europe would probably take more than a hundred years, so if this is was your expectation it would be fairly unrealistic.
ProMods rebuilds the base game map to more realistic standards and adds 300+ cities and areas. In some places there are huge differences with the base game.
This map is slightly dated but gives you an idea of the extensive changes to the map
maps/PM2.61_world_map.jpg

Regarding your graphics settings, it is impossible that a mod can alter this.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

FluxMode

26 Feb 2023 11:27

ScuL wrote:
26 Feb 2023 11:18
Building a 1:1 scale map of all of Europe would probably take more than a hundred years=
Likely due to ETS2 engine limitations, but otherwise it should be fairly easy, just generating roads based on Google Maps Data and then randomly generating assets based on satellite images. Similar as MS Flight Simulator is made pretty much, it's not accurate in terms of models but the map is 1:1.

But I guess in that case it's simpler to just start developing whole brand new game from scratch than to mod ETS2.

30maes

26 Feb 2023 11:28

it changed virtually nothing
Haven't even noticed much difference in city density
Check this map and see in the game:
the roads and distances aren't 1:1 to real life
I don't know why you want all these roads in 1:1. You can download the 1:1 map like Great Utopia. Also for a so big map, building it in 1:1, the developers needs more and more time. You can't even drive all the map in all your time. Do you want to drive in the whole world when you off-work? I think it will be tiring, not relaxing.
for some reason the mod has disabled anti-aliasing and everything is flickering on Ultra.
Anti-aliasing works perfect for me.
nor any better models.
There are 3 model packages and they are all very big. So if you really thinks there aren't, I don't know if you could find many other maps with better models.
Woooo~ Bugs in ProMods are becoming fewer and fewer. ;)

Dark Yellow Team since January 13, 2023
Green Team since July 21, 2023

ScuL
Founder

26 Feb 2023 11:33

FluxMode wrote:
26 Feb 2023 11:27

Likely due to ETS2 engine limitations, but otherwise it should be fairly easy, just generating roads based on Google Maps Data and then randomly generating assets based on satellite images.
The ETS2 editor doesn't work that way. There is absolutely no way to convert any real life or Google Maps data to roads.
Every road item, house model, tree, anything you see in the game has to be manually placed. Open the map editor and have a look yourself.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

dubtrucker

30 Jun 2023 16:31

AI will do the job one day :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information