In wich scale to build

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
BigWhiteLion
Donation rank:

22 Mar 2023 11:12

Hello,
I'm new here and would live to start with modding.

For that reason i've a question about the scale i have to User. When i want to buld a parking area on the highway or a junction for a truckstop, i anonce the junction with the signs in europe 300meter,200meter,100meter. When i now use the scale 1:19 the distance between these signs is rund about 5 meter ingame road. Is it possible to build the highway in 1:3 scale, cause than the distance will be 30 meter in game road. The same is by a parking area on a highway. I will have more space to buld this area in 1:3 and will be more realistic than in the 1:19 scale.

I will say thanks for Information.

Best wishes BigWhiteLion
The most loved sport is the (tran)sport :lol: :lol: :lol:

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 Mar 2023 14:59

Well, if you want to be compatible with the base game, I'd suggest to use 1:19.

Besides that, if you use the same scale as the base game. You can look at examples in the game itself, which may make things easier to learn.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

BigWhiteLion
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2023 01:55

Hey,
i'll thank you for your answer. I've loaded the original europe map from SCS. And what should i say. I was realy surprised over that what i see. The whole map was in the scale of 1:19. It is not necessary if the road will be a highway, country or city road. They made no differences in scale.

But why??? I only can think, that by the creation of city doesn't take it so much space or they have not to go so extremly in the details of landscapimg and look of the city.

Is that in all mods the same or make some modders the differencies between highway and country roads in 1:19 and cityroads in 1:3.

Best wishes BigWhiteLion :)
Last edited by BigWhiteLion on 23 Mar 2023 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
The most loved sport is the (tran)sport :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information