The new "improved" rest stations are actually functionally worse.

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 May 2023 18:40

Thank you guys for the update, everything I've seen from it so far looks good as always, but I must say those "improved" gas stations and rest areas all over the map, though visually better than the originals, gameplay wise are a downgrade IMHO.

My main problem with them is that now time does not slow down in and around them like it used to, this is especially problematic for those, like me, who play with a real tachograph plugin, since now instead of 2-3 ingame minutes it can take 10-15 even 20 minutes to manouver and park your truck even if it's not crowded, which constantly leads to exceeded driving times, not to mention that now because of this same reason driving times between certain cities became slightly longer even if you not enter them (not by much, but by enough to make it a bit worse than it used to be)

But of course I might be part of a small percentage of players who use this plugin and so since the base game is more forgiving in that regard it's just my nitpicking, but it's still very annoying for me.

The other thing is that traffic inside these rest areas are now also super buggy, and they constantly crash into each other and block the entrances and exits, they then also start to reverse into each other making an even bigger mess and so, now it's much more irritating to pull into one of these places.

The old SCS rest areas looked very dated I agree with that, but those at least were well thought out with slowed down time like inside cities and the AI inside them were stable and functional. And this is a problem that's actually not new, all custom ProMods rest areas even the older ones have this same issue but now it's all over the map. Wouldn't it be wiser to instead of custom rest areas just use newer SCS ones, like from Iberia or Austria or updated Germany etc.?

*Edit: Also since now the rest area/hotel/autohof at Geiselwind on the A3 got removed there's a 400km strech without a single stoping opportunity on the A3 between Nürnberg and Köln..
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 May 2023 19:46

Hello there,

I was unaware of these bugs you mentioned, as our testers haven't been reported any of these issues during testing, neither about the time issue and none at all about traffic. The traffic crashing into each other is a strange one, because the log would be filled with reports about missing priorities if these were not set.

This would need closer investigation, but a hotfix will probably be out of the question.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 May 2023 20:06

Well then maybe I was just unlucky to witness the AI mess around twice in two different places. Tho it must be said that I play with g_traffic 2 setting so maybe that's why those places are quite overwhelmed by traffic, and thus some weird stuff can happen. About the other thing, I would be happier if you were just going with the newer SCS prefabs in place of these custom ones, but maybe in the future you guys might change it up hopefully.

ScuL
Founder

10 May 2023 02:55

If you prefer more traffic it is better to use traffic mods instead of using the g_traffic command because g_traffic can lead to undesirable AI behaviour.

As far as your comment goes about the different time zones, this is definitely an oversight and we will place these "time areas" for the next update without question.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

10 May 2023 10:29

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
09 May 2023 18:40
Thank you guys for the update, everything I've seen from it so far looks good as always, but I must say those "improved" gas stations and rest areas all over the map, though visually better than the originals, gameplay wise are a downgrade IMHO.

My main problem with them is that now time does not slow down in and around them like it used to, this is especially problematic for those, like me, who play with a real tachograph plugin, since now instead of 2-3 ingame minutes it can take 10-15 even 20 minutes to manouver and park your truck even if it's not crowded, which constantly leads to exceeded driving times, not to mention that now because of this same reason driving times between certain cities became slightly longer even if you not enter them (not by much, but by enough to make it a bit worse than it used to be)

But of course I might be part of a small percentage of players who use this plugin and so since the base game is more forgiving in that regard it's just my nitpicking, but it's still very annoying for me.

The other thing is that traffic inside these rest areas are now also super buggy, and they constantly crash into each other and block the entrances and exits, they then also start to reverse into each other making an even bigger mess and so, now it's much more irritating to pull into one of these places.

The old SCS rest areas looked very dated I agree with that, but those at least were well thought out with slowed down time like inside cities and the AI inside them were stable and functional. And this is a problem that's actually not new, all custom ProMods rest areas even the older ones have this same issue but now it's all over the map. Wouldn't it be wiser to instead of custom rest areas just use newer SCS ones, like from Iberia or Austria or updated Germany etc.?

*Edit: Also since now the rest area/hotel/autohof at Geiselwind on the A3 got removed there's a 400km strech without a single stoping opportunity on the A3 between Nürnberg and Köln..
It’s been a problem for years unfortunately regarding the time scales, although it has got better. The tolls in France don’t slow down time either (an SCS issue I guess). But I think we’re in the minority regarding playing the game using the real tachograph mod so it’s not an issue for many. I too struggled in Germany today getting to a rest stop in 4:30. It’s a shame Geiselwind has gone. Always (had) to stop there too.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

10 May 2023 13:07

ScuL wrote:
10 May 2023 02:55
If you prefer more traffic it is better to use traffic mods instead of using the g_traffic command because g_traffic can lead to undesirable AI behaviour.

As far as your comment goes about the different time zones, this is definitely an oversight and we will place these "time areas" for the next update without question.
That would be fantastic! :D Thank you for your reply.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2023 18:36

Soo, can we expect the rest areas to have proper slow time zones in the new update?

ScuL
Founder

19 Aug 2023 06:12

We are still working through approx 1500 bugs, I don't think there is any time to look at rest areas unless there are specific areas that have been reported as bugs
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information