Whiners and complainers

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Rondini

23 Jul 2023 17:38

Is it just me or is there a lot of folks in this forum who are just chronic whiners? The content that ProMods creates is of excellent quality! I have found no difference in quality between official SCS content and ProMods. Of course this is because of using shared assets. Requiring the installation of all official DLC is necessary. It also keeps SCS happy, let’s face it. Plus, they have added a lot of unexpected cool stuff along the way, like the surprise load waiting for me at the wind farm site in Iceland. It doesn’t show on any load board. The only problem I ever had was fixed with the Zoom Crash mod.
But nevertheless, we get cry babies whining about the free download of their free mods being too slow! Shut up! If it has value to you, then you need to show that by not being a free loader or a baby! The work they have done deserves to be compensated. I would happily pay for their mods, if it was feasible under the terms that SCS has. But using their assets and real life branding can cause issues. The fact that a 10 year old sim game is still vital, and fun, is down to the modding community in large part! My personal background is in this exact industry, so I can vouch for the proximity to the real world as to truck operations.
Why does everyone want someone else’s hard work for free? Do they work for free? Doubt it!

ScuL
Founder

24 Jul 2023 13:26

I cannot follow along with some of the descriptors and comments you make out of courtesy and diplomacy however I can say that sometimes comments sent our way also test our patience.

What many players do not realise is the amount of time that goes into this project. In total there are between 50 and 100 people constantly working to keep things running. And it's not just mappers, there are also moderators, testers, translators. All of these people do this out of the love for the project. They don't get paid a single penny. All contributions to ProMods are voluntary.
Of course there are some rewards being part of the team such as the provision of early access development, software licenses where necessary and so forth.
I think most of us work between 5 and 25 hours per week on ProMods, totally unpaid.

On a daily basis I receive emails from people who demand their 1 euro back. Either because they are facing technical problems, or because they didn't read properly and downloaded the wrong files. Or they downloaded ProMods not knowing they require all DLCs. There is one common thread through these issues: it is never the user's fault, it is always ProMods fault.
When these complaints are not addressed we may eventually receive a $20 USD penalty from PayPal which not only punishes us but forces us to spend money we do not have.

Our premium download server partners do not care. Once a user orders a premium download, we get a bill. They do not care if the user is having installations issues, or if they miss DLCs, or if they couldn't download it due to a power cut or, or, or. They charge us for the transaction instantly with no ability to refund.
So when one of these "complainers" demands their euro back, we have to pay the bill for it.

This sometimes even leads to excessive threats, such as people threatening to take us to court (over 1 euro :o ) or file a police report against us for scamming.

The main reason why we offer these premium links is that we can gain a little bit of benefit out of all the work we do, and keep things running.
ProMods server bills are 4 digit sums every month... so for us every dollar/euro counts!

Another thing is that we do not have a "customer service". People email us (sometimes in the middle of the night) and expect an immediate answer.
Some of us could be visiting family, or attending a birthday party, or being on a holiday. In those cases aggression also tends to escalate with no ability on our side to provide a solution.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information