Lagging

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
arnis.rancans

06 Jan 2015 01:17

Hi I download your ProMod and after that mygame start lagged (when driving) before this mode everything was OK. I try to change graphich but that dn't change anything :(
What that could be ??

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2015 05:22

Promods, or any mod, is known to make the game somewhat heavier for PC's. A mod is simply asking more of your PC then the standard game is.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Rocar 512E

06 Jan 2015 09:54

My game is also lagging in Oslo, Anvers, Stockolm and Kopenhagen

arnis.rancans

06 Jan 2015 10:24

Thnx
but when I take next job (to Stockholm) in navigator there was no showing GPS in there and I need drive to looking in Big map ( nothing special but) :(

Vøytek
Developer

06 Jan 2015 23:00

So check what the exact delivery was.
Including screenshot of cities (companies) in your bug report topic would be the best option.
Remember to search for the same bug, then report ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Aussie Trucker

07 Jan 2015 03:09

I read on another forum (which wasn't very helpful) that one of the possible causes of lagging is the number or drivers you employ and that is why there is a limit at 154 (153 plus yourself). There was no suggestion of how many before the game starts to lag but that would be different on every machine anyway. There was mention that because garages and trucks by themselves don't need to be tracked by the game they aren't a cause of lag. After that the threads just turned into bickering and arguing about who has the most employees, the most money and how most people must have cheated to get to that stage.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2015 03:38

There is some truth to that, the number of drivers influences the time it takes to save the game. As an autosave is generated roughly every 5 minutes (real time), this action generates a very noticeable stutter once you get to 100+ drivers. This was deduced on this forum some time ago, though I don't remember in which thread. According to the release notes, this situation should have improved in the 1.15.1.1s version. I haven't been able to verify this as I haven't had the opportunity to drive my main profile on v1.15 yet, as I'm still waiting on Poland Rebuilding to update.

I doubt, however, the number of drivers greatly affects the general game performance. Highly modified or add-on trucks have a far bigger impact on my game than drivers do.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Aussie Trucker

07 Jan 2015 05:17

You could be right it may have more to do with autosave than it does with anything else the other forum I was reading didn't actually resolve the issue it just turned into bickering, but what you suggest seems more than reasonable.

I don't remember when it began happening on my ETS but it was definitely before 1.15 and it is still happening with 1.15 and I've had in excess of 100 drivers since at least 1.14 but it was probably earlier. I can't honestly say whether it's happening less with 1.15 but it is still happening and happening about every 5 mins as you suggest.

IS there a function to turn autosave off?

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2015 05:25

Aussie Trucker wrote:<snip> IS there a function to turn autosave off?
Not as of yet, but I've suggested the feature in a relevant thread over on the SCS forums, given we now have the quicksave option so the game is no longer completely responsible for bailing us out if things go pear shaped.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

realdeal350
Developer

09 Jan 2015 23:59

Maybe try to lower your graphics settings.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information