ETS2 1.16 pro mod crash

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
mekeronuk

29 Jan 2015 13:42

I'm using the latest pro mods version says its compatible with ets2 1.15 but I'm using the latest ets2 1.16 update game is crashing when I try to travel from Newcastle upon tyne to Norway is there any promods update going to be made to ets2 1.16 in the near future

ScuL
Founder

29 Jan 2015 13:50

yes 1.84, if you stay away from truck dealers there is no risk of crashing for the moment
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2015 14:44

Btw, does this affect all dealers, or only large or small? :mrgreen:
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

mekeronuk

29 Jan 2015 14:57

I've taken my ets2 back to older version till promods sort out their 1.9 release now so sorted it out for now.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2015 15:06

volan123 wrote:Btw, does this affect all dealers, or only large or small? :mrgreen:
Without the fix linked here it's all large truck dealers in vanilla ETS2 and ProMods + all truck dealers in Going East. The fix solves the problem for the large truck dealers in the vanilla game + ProMods (earlier, ProMods v1.83 fixed the problem for the small dealers over the same area). All truck dealers in the Going East DLC will still crash the game, as CaptainFlint points out.
CaptainFlint wrote:All in all, in the DLC there are 4 cities with truck dealers:
Small: Kraków, Gdańsk
Large: Warszawa, Budapest
1.16 with ProMods 1.83 crashes in all of them, patch or no patch.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

CaptainFlint

29 Jan 2015 18:44

As I later discovered, I was somewhat wrong in that conclusion. Without patch you CAN visit large dealers within DLC (Warszawa, Budapest), but in all other cities they will crash. With patch you get the reversed situation: DLC dealers start to crash, but all the other cities become fixed.

An identical patch for the small dealers is included into ProMods 1.83, so you will always crash at small dealers in DLC cities (Kraków, Gdańsk), and no crashes in all the other small dealers. But I'm sure (though I didn't test that) if you revert to 1.81 (which contained no small-dealers patch) you'll see the identical reversed picture (crash in all small-dealer cities except DLC's ones).

ScuL
Founder

29 Jan 2015 19:34

CaptainFlint wrote:As I later discovered, I was somewhat wrong in that conclusion. Without patch you CAN visit large dealers within DLC (Warszawa, Budapest), but in all other cities they will crash. With patch you get the reversed situation: DLC dealers start to crash, but all the other cities become fixed.

An identical patch for the small dealers is included into ProMods 1.83, so you will always crash at small dealers in DLC cities (Kraków, Gdańsk), and no crashes in all the other small dealers. But I'm sure (though I didn't test that) if you revert to 1.81 (which contained no small-dealers patch) you'll see the identical reversed picture (crash in all small-dealer cities except DLC's ones).
CaptainFlint, would you be able to make a small patch that patches both (returns dealers in vanilla map to old dealers, and returns dealers in DLC functional to new dealers) ? Even if you have to map-edit the sectors in the DLC?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

CaptainFlint

29 Jan 2015 22:03

ScuL
Sorry, I don't see a way to create such a combination without map editing. And when any kind of map editing is involved, I'm totally at level zero. :( Frankly, I don't even consider myself a modder. All my experience consists of minor editing text configs and occasional replacing some file with another one (not even created by myself but taken from somewhere else).
Just out of curiosity I tried to open the map in the editor, but the editor and I did not go well together (opening, saving and even navigating the map seem to require much more knowledge and/or skills than I have).

What I managed to find is that the dealer prefab properties are different in original and DLC cities; particularly, the "Look" and "Variant" attributes. Maybe, if someone more experienced in map editing took a look at this, he/she would be able to do something about it.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2015 11:05

Guys the solution is very easy for this. Just add the missing look to the prefab... that should work if I'm not mistaken.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

amark.stanton
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2015 21:31

mine crashes when using version1.84 i downloaded using the paid site like i usually do but there is no def file for it i only have 2 files is this correct

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information