Official languages in schools as well as government

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Barrett_killz

19 Feb 2015 21:12

tkk7406 wrote:
Barrett_killz wrote:Unsurprisingly we're in the poorest country in Europe.
Till Greece comes charging along... We've voted for a new prime minister, I hope he's good.
[/politics]
The most common $170 monthly paycheck wants to have a word with you :D

Ostpuff
Developer

19 Feb 2015 21:18

I have to learn German in school... not that hard because it's quite similar to Swedish but some grammar rules are really annoying :P
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

19 Feb 2015 21:32

Barrett_killz wrote:
tkk7406 wrote:
Barrett_killz wrote:Unsurprisingly we're in the poorest country in Europe.
Till Greece comes charging along... We've voted for a new prime minister, I hope he's good.
[/politics]
The most common $170 monthly paycheck wants to have a word with you :D
I can't help but admitting that the avg. wages here is about 400 €... Umm... OK... I think it's case closed.

Mind you, apart from Modern Greek, Ancient Greek and English, I also have to learn French. But compared to Michael Rosen, I actually quite enjoy it. At least a lot more than the Greek philological lessons of Anc. Gr. Literature and History (I'm more of a science guy).
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2015 21:45

The only language besides Slovenian that I have to learn is English, German is only voluntary ;)

The official language in Slovenia is obviosuly Slovene, but there are 2 minorities in Slovenia: Italian and Hungarian. People speaking in those respective languages can learn these languages in school on billingual areas and also all documents, signs etc. are written in Slovene and Italian/Hungarian as well. However, that's not the case in Italy and Hungary, where Slovene ethnical minority doesn't have much rights as of yet and are considered 2nd class citizens.
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2015 22:02

The official language of The Netherlands are, Dutch and Frysian (which is an official one through law)

At schools Dutch and English are required, plus a third one. Which most of the time is French or German. That was at least the case when I did go to school back in the 90ies and zeros :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Feb 2015 22:03

In the Netherlands, we have two official languages: Dutch and Frysian. Frysian is however a local official language, spoken in the province of Friesland. The language is closely related to both Dutch and German.

Nowadays, at every level on high school, you have to learn English. At the highest level (vwo, which grants you access to dutch universities) you also need to learn a second foreign language. My choice was German. Und ja, ich kann auch Deutsch sprechen, aber mein Deutsch ist ja ein bischen rostig. :lol:
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2015 22:07

Great minds think alike?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

lykopotoboy

20 Feb 2015 04:31

The school i go to requires you to take 2 years of any foreign languages, this can be any Language. I took a semester of German and 2 years of Spainish
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Dannu
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2015 05:13

I was gouing to learn german but we did not have enought people for that :(Ich spreche viel deutsch :D
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Vladzz-G
Developer

20 Feb 2015 11:59

In latvian schools, besides our official language - Latvian, you also should learn these foreign languages, like English (most likely, like in all European schools), and, at least, one more foreign language by your choise: Russian and/or German (some schools offers also French language). Note, that you can choose also both extra languages to learn. For example, I have learned in school 3 foreign languages: English, German and Russian (To be honest, Russian language is my mother tongue, so I never count him, as foreign language)

In Latvia also have russian schools, which soon will be edited to latvian schools by our laws, and some polish schools for minor nationalities.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information