Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
zebenji
Graphics Designer

07 Apr 2015 18:04

Nissantruck wrote:1.I can find good map maker persons on this forum,who can do good work.I have seen that many times,with the Promods map mod.
2.If people could only read maps,you could discover ferry ports between Italy and Greece.
3.That dry climate,thing is a good idea,because the scenery is slightly different in south Europe if you compare it to north Europe.So that is why it looks different,from the places we have seen in the Promods map,so indeed a good idea.
4.I did say do not get ANGRY about my idea,i mean after all i have seen people talking about that idea before.
5.You can find dry climate in south Italy,so that is why i also did add this text in this topic.
I think you misunderstood. People know there are ferry ports between Italy and Greece (from Brindisi / Ancona to Igoumenitsa and Patras, to name a few). However, for now only parts of North Italy have been mapped. So it was said that working on Greece without any port in Italy would not be very logic, that's all. Let's wait until the map goes South, to Brindisi for example, then it would be possible to start thinking about Greece.

Greece and Ireland are two of the countries I'm waiting for the most. We just have to be patient, but they'll be made at some point. Look at Promods a year ago and look at it today: it expanded quite a lot. And in a few years, we'll have a whole detailed map from Iceland to Turkish Europe... or even to South Korea. :D

To get back on this Italian topic, quick question: which city of part of Italy do you have in mind after "updating" Genova intersections?

Starfruit 017

07 Apr 2015 18:36

Looks good!
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

grega

07 Apr 2015 19:05

MandelSoft wrote: - Where is the ferry port to Greece? Big chance that this port is also quite a long way from the rest of the map...

MandelSoft
The direct port for trucks and their load, but also a ferry is from my home city - Koper (Slovenia) :D :P source: https://www.google.si/maps/@45.537743,1 ... 4Ke7ow!2e0
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

07 Apr 2015 19:08

zebenji wrote:I think you misunderstood. People know there are ferry ports between Italy and Greece (from Brindisi / Ancona to Igoumenitsa and Patras, to name a few). However, for now only parts of North Italy have been mapped. So it was said that working on Greece without any port in Italy would not be very logic, that's all. Let's wait until the map goes South, to Brindisi for example, then it would be possible to start thinking about Greece.
I'll have to agree with you on that one. It's too early now to think of Greece.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

07 Apr 2015 20:32

I think the quicker route towards Greece mapping-wise is via the Balkan. Because Italy is not only large, but also quite populous, so that means a lot of cities that slow down the progress down to the south.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

08 Apr 2015 00:05

MandelSoft wrote:I think the quicker route towards Greece mapping-wise is via the Balkan. Because Italy is not only large, but also quite populous, so that means a lot of cities that slow down the progress down to the south.
That's what I said in the beginning. It's best to finish the Balkans before even considering Greece. MIRFI is starting to expand into Bulgaria, and from there you can go to Greece. ;)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 11:19

I'm just pleased were even talking about Greece. It wasn't that long ago there were no plans at all to build that far

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

08 Apr 2015 11:35

Andy_GTI wrote:I'm just pleased were even talking about Greece. It wasn't that long ago there were no plans at all to build that far
Well, if you check Purno's progress map, there still aren't plans. But we are getting closer.

I don't know guys but maybe we should get back on topic about Italy?
Cheers,

LoaderSaints

08 Apr 2015 15:20

tkk7406 wrote: I don't know guys but maybe we should get back on topic about Italy?
Indeed... :lol:

Snail

10 Apr 2015 04:45

Hi all,

I just discovered this game and love it. I'm totally amazed by the level of detail and quality you guys achieved with this mod... I haven't even explored 30% of the map, but so far I've loved everything I saw.

I'm from Italy, so I was wondering if I could ask a few questions or give some suggestions here. ;) It's a bit of a shame that this is considered as a side project, but I do understand that other countries also deserve to get done.

One thing that I miss from the original game, and which I hope you guys are planning to fix, is the A4 highway from Milan to Turin. That was one of the first highways built in Europe (it opened in 1932 and was widened in the early Sixties), and its absence in the game creates a "hole" that has no counterpart in the real world, where one can drive from Venice to Lyon without ever leaving the highway.

In the game, this highway could be placed around here (red line):
A4 Mi-To small.jpg
The red line is where the highway could lie
A4 Mi-To small.jpg (115.6 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
That would mimic its real location, as highlighted in red in this Google map screenshot: it's not a straight line, but makes a curve to get close to Biella.
A4 map small.jpg
A4 Mi-To is in red
A4 map small.jpg (246.22 KiB) Viewed 2179 times

Another question I have is about the A7 Genoa-Milan. I love the way you guys split the two ways in the southern leg, with one direction following a winding, steep route, and the other being more straight and flat. Thing is... In reality, for most part, it's the southbound track (not the northbound!) which follows the winding route ;) Would it be possible to somewhat swap them? They're great as they are, just inverting the directions would make them closer to reality.
Also, the southbound track (winding one) was built in the Thirties, and as such, it features very old-looking tunnels, made of bricks. I'm not sure if the current ProMods tunnels used match that style. On the other hand, when I was driving in Norway (on my way to Stavanger) I passed through a few very nice, old-looking stone tunnels, that would match the A7 highway style much, much better. Would it be possible to use them there?

I'd love to hear your thoughts about these. Please do not take my words as criticism, they're not meant that way ;) I love your work and I'd just like to help you make it even better.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information