Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
chrissav2002
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2021 14:58

The interesting question would be : what is proportion of ETS2 players that uses map mods. Because you have to remember that the audience for DLC (and old area reskin) is probably much bigger that the audience for mods (especially ones that are not in steam workshop (or equivalent), like the map mods).

Also, (Map) DLC are what allow SCS to continue to work on ETS2, and to keep new players coming in the game (without them the game would probably be dead since a long time). And Map DLC are also a great source of assets for map mods developers... (somewhere in this forum there is a thread showing what the map would look like without Map DLC assets : almost empty...)

Finally, if SCS has to take account of each and every major map mods, where should they work ? And how should they connect with the rest of the map for player that does not use map mods ?

So to summarise, for map mods users (and creator, of course), the fact that DLC override area already covered by map mods can be "irritating", but without them, would map mods even exist ? SCS need money to keep developing ETS2 and keep player using/buying it, and without this money, ETS2 would probably be dead since a long time...

KekoZeskende

23 Aug 2021 19:08

I`d like to see Perugia , that city is phenomenal.
Stand with
Ukraine !

tantalus

28 Aug 2021 22:39

chrissav2002 wrote:
23 Jun 2021 14:58
Because you have to remember that the audience for DLC (and old area reskin) is probably much bigger that the audience for mods (especially ones that are not in steam workshop (or equivalent), like the map mods).
ETS2 and ATS would be very dead ages ago if we didnt have things like map mods/promods or mods generally speaking. I dont like the DLCs SCS are releasing since Colorado, that was already pretty bad.
But i know SCS has a strong base of fanboys that they buy all DLCS thats the reason they are still there. So im not going to complain.

But again, the only reason the game has endured before SCS decided to start speeding up the DLC release process, is the modding community. Not the DLCs.

liano

29 Aug 2021 17:28

So you still doesn't get that the topics are about things about development of promods in certain areas, not about crying and guessing who is best, Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi, Coca-Cola or Pepsi, SCS DLCs or mods based on SCS content and dependant on SCS content and not working without SCS content. Here you should talk about Italy and possible improvement of Promods Italy. For that crying you have to go to SCS forum as mentioned before. Lets go back to the topic, please!

Armin87

20 Nov 2021 22:07

Hi! is Promod's Italy map different from the original SCS version?

lelux

20 Nov 2021 22:44

Rebuilt: A4 Torino-Milano, A8-A9, Como (border), A22 Brenner, Milano, Trieste

enrico.tiberi.71

06 Jan 2022 17:51

Is there anyone who is developing / working / administrating Italy today (even though it currently could be now a low priority area for PM)?
🎓 Linguistic and cultural mediation student (Università per stranieri di Siena) 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

⚽ Unione Sportiva Grosseto 1912 ⚽

🚛 Independent truck driver 🇮🇹

wilmkoemans
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2022 00:00

Hi, i have worked on Mercafir in Firenze on a promods addon. Just for your info.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 09 Jan 2022 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

enrico.tiberi.71

09 Jan 2022 13:49

A ProMods addon? You mean that something new will come soon in the future, right?

I'm not asking when this will be ready.
🎓 Linguistic and cultural mediation student (Università per stranieri di Siena) 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

⚽ Unione Sportiva Grosseto 1912 ⚽

🚛 Independent truck driver 🇮🇹

Vladzz-G
Developer

06 Feb 2022 23:46

Hi folks!

This time I did some work in Italy. I think, you can see yourself, where it is.

Enjoy,
Vladzz-G
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information