Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Harald-RS

24 Mar 2015 20:58

I hope you don't forget the new Tunnel on the Mittlerer Ring by Luiese - Kiesel - Bach - Platz.

Look this:

http://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/Stadtver ... dwest.html

I hope you can read this M95

The Tunnle to be open on July 2015
Greetings
Harald
---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany.
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
---
ProMods Junior Beta Tester since 23 Februar 2024

JESAN
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 21:19

But since there won't be any Mittlerer Ring = no tunnel ;)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 21:32

Great work again!

Superdavecan

24 Mar 2015 22:40

Looks great so far in Munich :D I'm very pleased that it's getting rebuilt. The SCS version was really disappointing.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Mar 2015 23:10

Superdavecan wrote:Looks great so far in Munich :D I'm very pleased that it's getting rebuilt. The SCS version was really disappointing.
The SCS version of most cities is disappointing if I'm honest.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

skog
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2015 23:10

Awesome, i used to live in Regensburg. Big BMW plant there, where they build the M3 and 3-series Convertible.

SCS should be sending you guys the biggest christmas cards in history. You are the reason i am still playing this game.

Awesome rebuild.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Mar 2015 06:11

Just to confirm, it's okay if we continue this discussion here?

Continuing:
Nationalpark Eifel - This is quite a nice sign and I pass the area regularly. My only concern is the area's already very compressed. Maybe. (Done)
Lüneburger Heide - Isn't this actually on the map already? Quite a simple sign, though I'd change it to look more like the others. Pending. (Done)
Mecklenburgische Seenplatte - Nope. That one would take several hours to do properly.
Frankenalb - Picture's too blurry to make out most of the details. Nurnburg's well-represented in this list, so I'm happy to omit this one. (Done)
Chiemgau - If the lake's on the map, I'd be happy to do this one. (Done)
Sauerland - Maybe, I can still see the details. Proximity is the thing with this one, I think it's too far away from the existing Autobahns to make sense. (Done)
Fichtelgebirge - If they're put in, I've got no problems with this one.
Rheinhessen - Simple enough.
Niederlausitz - If it's going to be there, no problem. (Done)
Oberlausitz - A13 seems a bit far away and I can't find any Photos of the sign. (Done)
Erzgebirge -This one could actually work, but it's too far away from A4 to make sense.
Fränkisches Seenland - A9 cuts close enough that this one might make sense.

Ostfriesland - Maybe (Done)
Nordfriesland - Maybe (Done)
Insel Rügenn - Nope nope nope.
Havelland - BAB10 passes straight through here, I don't see why not.

Dresden - Dunno about this one.
Rostock -Maybe. This one's pretty busy.
Flensburg - Simple Enough. (Done)
Stralsund - Not happening.

Braunschweig - Not a big fan of this sign and there's already a lot of signs in this area. I don't have the right font (It must be a MacOS System one) and it being wrong would drive me nuts.
Potsdam - Maybe. I'd only have to do half of it since it looks like a perfect mirroring.
Schwerin - Too complex
Weimar - Maybe. Corbel is a similar enough typeface to do it and I could simplify some elements.
Chemnitz - This one's too far gone. I can barely see it!
Lübeck - Don't see why not. My only concern is it's a pretty big omission due to space and I don't know if we want to draw attention to that. (Done)
Gießen - Could work. (Done)

Bautzen - Could be arranged. (Done)

Niederschlesien - Reflection effects are hell.
Rheinland - Yup, too small.
Deutsche Weinstraße - This one can be done using a traditional game sign I think.
Vogtland - I can't find a better one.

Stuttgart - Porsche Museum (Done)
Stuttgart - Mercedes-Benz Museum (Done)
Drachenfels (Done)
Mürtiz Nationalpark (Source)

So from 32 we've got 9 definites. I'd like to get input form the team before I begin though.

On topic:
Wow, that area does look really nice.
Last edited by jdenm8 on 11 Dec 2016 11:58, edited 10 times in total.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2015 08:37

Chiemgau is a definite yes for me. We can add the lake to the bab8 as well. It's a landmark we should add.

As for the others I don't know really where they are placed (apart from Gießen and Flensburg).

I do know a couple of ones for the bab3 but can't seem to find pictures of them (Wiedtal and Erlangen).

ow and Im fine with continueing the discussion here. It's pretty much on topic.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

25 Mar 2015 08:57

Nice plan! And, it's on topic as well.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Mar 2015 11:02

Nico wrote:As for the others I don't know really where they are placed (apart from Gießen and Flensburg).
Eifel National Park is south-east of Aachen and South-West of Cologne/Koln. BAB1 passes through it, though BAB61 and BAB4 do not.
Luneburger Heide is the area directly south of Hamburg. It's basically the entire area between there and BAB27 in an arc around the south of Hamburg, though it doesn't go very far to the west. BAB7 passes straight through the middle.
Sauerland is a mountainous region south-east of Dortmund. Nearest RL Autobahn is BAB46.
Fichtelgebirge is a mountain range between Leipzig and Nuremberg, easily visible from BAB9.
Rheinhessen (Rhinish Hesse if you want to look for it in Maps) is a region south-east of Frankfurt. Big wine growing region apparently and according to Mandelsoft's tentative plan, BAB61 south of Koblenz might run right through the middle.
Niederlausitz. The area shaded in green.
Fränkisches Seenland (AKA, the Franconian Lake District) is south-west of Nuremburg. I'm revising this to 'too far away' since Google Maps has the location wrong, about 40km away from where it actually is.

Ostfriesland seems to be the most north-eastern region in Germany. It neighbours the Netherlands. BAB28 briefly passes through the southern half.
Nordfriesland is directly West of Flensburg. The existing small road to Denmark and the possible extension to the Cuxhaven ferry pass right through here. I'm mostly concerned with source image details on this one. I'm thinking it's a little too blurry to make out the woman's details properly.
Havelland is a weirdly shaped area formed from a big U-Bend in the River Havel. The northern half of Brandenburg is in Havelland.

Dresden's on the Vanilla Map.
Rostock's... You've rebuilt Rostock!
Flensburg is Flensburg. Like Groot is Groot.

Braunschweig is the biggest town between Hanover and Magdeburg. The city already exists on the map as scenery, though the area's saturated with signage as it is.
Potsdam is a glorified suburb of Greater Berlin. Very close to BAB115.
Weimar is immediately east of Erfurt, just off of BAB4.
Lubeck is in the hole surrounded by BAB1, BAB20 and B75/76/104/432. Very tight space though could be scenery if it's desired. IIRC, Mandelsoft gave a resounding 'no' on Lubeck.
Bautzen is on BAB4, Between Dresden and the Polish border. I think this may actually be on the vanilla map, not sure.

In the mean time, I'll take a break from assembling my new Lego sets and get going on Chiemgau.
Last edited by jdenm8 on 25 Mar 2015 14:24, edited 9 times in total.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information