Running red lights

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
LA-MJ
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 21:50

So I've been wondering since forever...

Have you guys noticed you often don't get a ticket for running red lights? Is that a SCS bug/feature? I'm pretty sure it occurs in vanilla as well so it's not a Promods bug, is it?

I'm not talking about purposefully going the wrong way to avoid a ticket by the way.

Ostpuff
Developer

18 Mar 2015 21:55

Yes, I have noticed it, kinda strange, I would also like to know why this is. From my experiences it feels like this happens on some particular signals, but that might be just a fluke
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

SweetErin

18 Mar 2015 22:32

i've noticed if you don't make any inputs in the intersection, it frequently doesn't really care. that's the most common reason that it won't fine you i've noticed (of course i mostly only do that when i've totally miscalculated braking)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 22:37

I think that when you run a red light there's just an x% chance you get a ticket as that would be the simplest way to code it. It used to (up until ETS2 1.9 I think) be possible to avoid getting a ticket by going through the intersection on the wrong side of the road, but SCS has patched that out.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Aussie Trucker

18 Mar 2015 23:27

You used to be able to drive on the footpath to avoid red light fines too :)

A similar thing happens on some speed cameras, not many but there is a few that don't seem to be working or have a higher tolerance.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 02:10

Aussie Trucker wrote:You used to be able to drive on the footpath to avoid red light fines too :)
That still works :D
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Mar 2015 11:59

The other trick is to hit the brakes when passing the stop line. Usually that trick works too.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

LoaderSaints

19 Mar 2015 15:15

Or then just turn off all the fines. :mrgreen:

jontsuba
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 16:08

I assume people here are so filthy rich, we don't care anymore about fines... So do I :mrgreen: :twisted:

Aussie Trucker

19 Mar 2015 23:18

jontsuba wrote:I assume people here are so filthy rich, we don't care anymore about fines... So do I :mrgreen: :twisted:
Yeah that's pretty much it. I thought they'd stopped us driving on the footpath to avoid fines but according to the post above it's still doable which must mean I've given up on doing it in favour of just barreling through the intersection :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information