Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LA-MJ
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2014 16:52

Vladzz-G wrote:I want to offer my concept map of Latvia, southern Estonia and Kaliningrad oblast.
I respected the 1:19 scale, and I don't requesting too much cities (mostly only, as sceneries, which I have marked with green)

So, red road & cities - these really can represent on the map.
Yellow - Your original plan.
Green cities/towns - these can represent only, as sceneries.
Green roads - additional roads for cities, which are marked with brown (if they will as active cities)
Brown cities - these can represent, as active (with companies), or as scenery cities.
Also showed the places, where in real life are located fuel stations, which I know. (Also in some scenery cities have fuel stations)

I like to know your opinions. :)
I hope, you likes this plan, and I really hope, that I doesn't suggesting too much. ;)
Anyways, thank you very much for your amazing work! You rock!!! :)
And the reason you skipped half of LTU is? :)

Vladzz-G
Developer

08 Sep 2014 18:02

I'm was lazy to draw another part of Lithuania. Sorry. :( :D

OK, if you not likes my concept plan, I can update it. Please, recheck my map after 20 minutes. ;) :D

EDIT: I have updated my map.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2014 20:41

Vladzz-G wrote:I'm was lazy to draw another part of Lithuania. Sorry. :( :D

OK, if you not likes my concept plan, I can update it. Please, recheck my map after 20 minutes. ;) :D

looks better than Promod plans :)

although a few gas stations etc would help (hint E77/E85, and around Vilnius I guess)

it just seemed silly skipping half of one country to do an exclave of another :P

Purno
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2014 07:01

LA-MJ wrote:
Vladzz-G wrote:I'm was lazy to draw another part of Lithuania. Sorry. :( :D

looks better than Promod plans :)
Why? Because we plan a realistic amount of cities instead of a ridiculous amount of cities that'll never fit in the map size?

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2014 07:47

The bitterness in your tone was uncalled for, I was not targetting that post at you.

But since you asked...

I was only commenting on LTU. And the reason it looks better is because it is more logical as it includes a whopping 1 'small' city more (I know, ridiculous): Šiauliai, which is actually larger than the other one (Panevėžys) you didn't fail to include in your plans for some (illogical) reason.

I've mentioned it a couple of times already and it went unanswered so I took it that you don't care about it and that's fine since I'll be happy with whatever version you guys make. This does not mean however that I waive my right to express my opinion, which in this case was complementing another person.

Purno
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2014 08:45

LA-MJ wrote:I was only commenting on LTU. And the reason it looks better is because it is more logical as it includes a whopping 1 'small' city more (I know, ridiculous): Šiauliai, which is actually larger than the other one (Panevėžys) you didn't fail to include in your plans for some (illogical) reason.
I got no local knownledge, but 1 small city isn't a ridiculous amount. It certainly isn't the same amount that was displayed in the map that was linked.

Also, wha'ts "LTU" exactly?
I've mentioned it a couple of times already and it went unanswered so I took it that you don't care about it and that's fine since I'll be happy with whatever version you guys make. This does not mean however that I waive my right to express my opinion, which in this case was complementing another person.
You're always allowed to express your opinion, and complementing another person is great, but comments like "better than ProMods" contain a complement as well as a critisism. ;)

As for the actual suggestion to include Šiauliai, judging purely on my google maps, there should be enough room for at least some scenery. But I'm not making Euromir, so I can't make any decisions about it.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2014 09:22

LTU is a 3-letter ISO code for Lithuania

Horizon™
Developer

09 Sep 2014 13:23

I`m waiting now when you start do Lithuania.I lived here and I can help for additional information,because I was lived in (Ukmerge - It's town near Vilnius-Panevezys highway and road Kaunas-Utena was going through the town(That Kaunas-Utena road can be use like road to Daugavpils) If you want when you start do map,you can add other road to go around town and without traffic lights if you want it.In road Kaunas - Utena (or Daugavpils) are without corner,only height is changing.Please,don`t add mountains,because in Lithuania are low hills and plains.I think I will help you.Sorry for bad english.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Vladzz-G
Developer

09 Sep 2014 18:45

OK, guys. I have decided to group additional updates for Euromir project, according to my map, by importance.
As you see, we have a problem with two lithuanian cities, Šiauliai and Panevežys, these are enough big to represent, but scale doesn't allows to make these both cities active (I mean, with companies), so this is, why I marked these both cities with brown (only ONE OF these cities can get garage, companies, e.t.c.)
The same is with Rīga and Jelgava, but I prefer to skip Jelgava, or make it only, as scenery.

OK, let's start:
1. Really needs for Euromir project.
- Ventspils and additional roads (As I have writen on map, with this city we can comfortabelly to sail to Nynashamn (Sweden), which is also has planned. As I know, this ferry route mostly uses trucks, so why this really needs for map. + you can put 1-2 companies with garage in Ventspils. The scale allows to put this city) Then with 5 active cities in Latvia will enough to cover it fully. :)

- N6/N92 in Estonia (With this road we can comfortabelly to drive between Parnu and Tartu.)

2. Not very important, but it will better.
- Curonian spit (167 in Lithuania; P515 in Russia) (This would be something exclusive to drive through that narrow land, and also this is very good route between Klaipeda and Kaliningrad, but there might be some problem: As Curonian spit is connected with Klaipeda by very short ferry route (600 m), there might be some issues with scale, but I hope, all will OK, and that's issue will not so terrible.)

-Alternative road between Rēzekne and Tartu (P36/P47/P35/P43/V386, as showed in the map) (This road also will comfortable to travel between those 2 cities, without leaving EU zone. :D)

- Additional roads in Lithuania. (For comfortable travelling, but not very important, because these roads might located too close to each other, and again, the scale issue. So, you know better.) :)

3. Not necessary. (under your decision)
- Scenery towns, marked with green (not necesary to represent them all, just suggesting, and, if scale allows.)
If speaking about Balvi, that, of course, with feeling to drive through this town (Driving on alternative road between Rēzekne and Tartu) it would be very cool and realistic, especially, that in this town we can safely put fuel station, as IRL. ;) Don't need make it, as active, just put some houses, fuel station, and lakes, if possible, especially, that IRL Balvi doesn't have any truck companies. Of course, if the map scale allows to put his town. [Distance between Balvi and Rēzekne is 80 km] :) ) If you can make that feeling, I will really very thankful. :)

- Valka/Valga (You can represent this, as active city, or make it, as scenery)

So, it seems, that I have explained all, about additions in EuroMir Project. I hope, you correctly will understand me. ;)
And again, thank you in advance! Anyways. :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2014 09:09

They wanted a bridge but now a tunnel is planned to the Curonian Spit but who knows when that happens :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information