Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2022 18:17

The fact that you see 'Bergen' on the signs on the Ring around Brussels is due to the fact that the largest part of the Ring R0 is on Flemish territory, just outside Brussels. West of Brussels, a small section of the Ring R0 is located inside the Brussels Capital Region, so there you see 'Mons-Bergen' on the signs. The part of the R0 South of Brussels is located in Wallonia, there you see 'Mons'. ProMods implemented this the right way, although the region triggers don't always exactly match the language boundaries of the direction signs (and here and there they are forgotten).

Yes, the Belgian language law is ridiculously strict, but therefore very consistent.

yorick_bitterbal

23 Mar 2022 10:31

Hello promods,

I might have some tips for the next promods, you don't have to put them all in the map in the future, you can just pick some places from the list that are possible. Here is the list of the Benelux:

Netherlands: Leeuwarden, Vlissingen, Venlo

Belgium: Charleroi, Brugge, Oostende, Namur

There is no room for other cities in Luxembourg i think. ;-)

Hopefully you can do something with this.

Greetz, Yorick

OMNI du 31
Developer

23 Mar 2022 10:35

First of all, ProMods does not take any suggestions. Secondly, there is literally any space left in the Benelux.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

KekoZeskende

23 Mar 2022 16:55

Brugge really miss.
Stand with
Ukraine !

Denik06

01 Jul 2022 11:39

Good day. I would like to ask if you have plans to refresh and update the East and North of the Netherlands (Autobahn A37 and local road H376, Groningen, A7 and the surroundings of Amsterdam with the capital itself), and the South of Belgium with Luxembourg (refreshing local roads in Belgium under the numbering N62 and N89 and A4 Autobahn. Luxembourg suburbs with updated vegetation textures, freshening of Luxembourg streets and local road E421).

ScuL
Founder

02 Jul 2022 04:31

With all the places and roads you mention that would be indicative of approximately a 3 year project
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Denik06

05 Jul 2022 13:27

Maybe so, but such an update, which can take even 3 years, will not be superfluous.
Last edited by mads1153 on 05 Jul 2022 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't qoute the post above your post.

ednight09
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2022 15:23

TruckingDutchman010 wrote:
15 Mar 2022 09:49
Unfortunately, there's not enough space for so much cities in Wallonia. You'd better forget about Ath and Tournai. However, south of the E42 there could be some space for one city, but not three. So I don't know which of those cities is the most interesting, from a logistical viewpoint. I would say the N5 has already been built until the E42, it could be prolonged towards Reims and it seems to me there's space to build Charleroi alongside this road. Maybe a developer could give his opinion on this.

I, however, totally agree with you on the point of the Luxembourgish motorway A1 towards Germany. I think this road could be built to Koblenz and from this road in Germany it might be possible to build the (German) A1 to Saarbrücken and from there the A6 to Mannheim. Not only do you disclose Luxembourg from the East that way, but also do you get rid of some loose ends in the German road network (A1 and A6). Also Saarland is still the only German Bundesland not represented within the game - apart from the non-realistic/non-existing SCS vanilla road from France to Mannheim - so building Saarbrücken would be nice, and we could also get rid of that vanilla road that way. I however doubt if there would be enough space for a functional Trier, but that wouldn't be the most important.
But in the end, an eastern disclosure of Luxembourg would be a quite essential improvement of the road network. But I think the whole road network around Luxembourg city would have to get revised to implement that. You need to build croix Gasperich at least. In the current map the A6 from Belgium is the same road as the A3 to France, which is not quite realistic.

Oh, and by the way, Mons is called Bergen in Dutch, not 'Mont'. ;)
in Wallonia , south close to luxembourg and france theres a city called Athus that has an important logistic point it would be nice... and theres so many small roads in wallonia that im sure i could be add it... N83 for example

Denik06

07 Jul 2022 10:28

YES! And this is not a bad idea. It would not be bad to add this place and at the same time refresh the roads in the south of Belgium and Luxembourg.
Last edited by Nathan_A_RF on 07 Jul 2022 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not quote posts directly above your own

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2022 19:41

ednight09 wrote:
05 Jul 2022 15:23
in Wallonia , south close to luxembourg and france theres a city called Athus that has an important logistic point it would be nice... and theres so many small roads in wallonia that im sure i could be add it... N83 for example
I think there is some space left in the Southeastern part of Wallonia to build something, but I also think Athus is too close to Luxembourg city. You also have to keep in mind that a city, even a village is much larger on the in-game map than on the real-life map, due to the scale of the in-game world. And because most cities are built in another scale than the rest of the map (otherwise, it wasn't even possible to make a realistic representation of any city at all). I hope SCS will give the Benelux some love soon, the way they did with Austria. I like how SCS buillt some random villages along the routes with some companies in it, which are counted with the nearest city on the map. If you think beyond more cities, I think Wallonia does indeed offer opportunities for a few rural roads with some nice companies. The road from Liège to Reims - which we have now - has to disappear, that frees up a lot of space to build a realistic Ardennes region.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information