Problem with AI at some roundabouts

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
Road-Flyer
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2013 21:49

Well I ran across this problem with the AI near Kristiansand. Waited for over 15 minutes and it still did not clear up. Traffic just kept backing up. Could not make my delivery on time. (see photos)
I do have the latest update.
Seems a lot of AI problems at these roundabouts intersections.

busterbrown

20 Oct 2013 19:27

You could have weighed it out by checking on your map what closest town was to you and pressed #F7 key ( press F1 first so you are in paused mode ), have your truck towed to that garage. Would cost you some time & towing charges and maybe more distance to your delivery point but more than likely you would have made your delivery ahead of time. You could make repairs if necessary ( game does not figure any time here ) then be on your way. Weigh it out first though as it may take to much time to get to the garage & then to your delivery point.

Several times I've done this for traffic jams, accidents, and all I've lost is a few dollars for towing charge. Sure beats losing a load 100%.
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2013 19:50

The best idea is to save and load - than, all the AI vehicles disappear and you are on an empty road!! It is not realistic, but in such cases it helps. And I 've had many of them.

ScuL
Founder

21 Oct 2013 12:40

Yep this is a general problem with the game / AI engine so nothing we can do much about..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2013 17:59

I just use the "magic carpet ride" and fly over the jam. Just don't descend below ground level though, or you'll rack up a H U G E repair bill. The first and only time this happened cost me 46k Euros! :(
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Ceram

22 Oct 2013 11:57

The quick method: When stuck at roundabout, press ESC and then click Profiles, then in Profile click Continue and then click Drive. All AI is gone, and will return after a short while. But it gives you space and time to leave the place. No need for Save and Load.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2013 02:09

"AI creeping in 15kmh dont like the apex of that going to go slower and slower till I get it Right"
Thats what there doing or probably saying if they had a voice

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information