Can't select cities near map border.

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
Slatkus
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2013 23:28

This most likely is not a bug but I didn't know where to post so I write here.

Problem is that I can't select Helsinki from job offers list. If I move map to the egde it seems like it is auto sort-of centering. Same if you look at world map. Is there any way to disable this auto centering of the map? Can Promods devs can do something about it? If not then getting jobs offers from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and those few cities of Russia will be impossible.

busterbrown

29 Oct 2013 02:42

Curious about that one myself. :?
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 07:34

You are using some mod that overrules our game_data.sii file...

Try adding some zzzz's in front of the promods pack.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Slatkus
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 13:24

Nico wrote:You are using some mod that overrules our game_data.sii file...

Try adding some zzzz's in front of the promods pack.
You are the man Nico!!! Got it fixed. It was lights mod which was overruling game_data.sii. I moved this mod above promods and it is fixed. Thank you so much.

Ice_Road
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 13:52

Well, if you're a bit skilled with editing def files you can always edit promod's game_data.sii and add/modify the values the lights mod needs to work, sort of 'merge' both files so that both mods work together. But of course you need to know exactly what you're changing and whether you can change it or not, otherwise you could mess something up... But it's an option too ;)

Slatkus
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 14:25

Ice_Road wrote:Well, if you're a bit skilled with editing def files you can always edit promod's game_data.sii and add/modify the values the lights mod needs to work, sort of 'merge' both files so that both mods work together. But of course you need to know exactly what you're changing and whether you can change it or not, otherwise you could mess something up... But it's an option too ;)
At the moment both mods (promods and lights mod) works fine. I know how to edit mods but promods files are password protected. While I know it is not that difficult to go around the password I just don't see a need to do that at the moment.

ScuL
Founder

29 Oct 2013 15:07

We kept the game_data file in an unprotected archive exactly for the purpose of combining it with other mods
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 16:12

Yes the vital parts of promods wich can cause the incompatibilities are unlocked... The only thing we changed in the game_data.sii was the map zoom so that is easy to filter out ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 18:17

I have to wonder why a "lights" mode would even need to change those parts of game_data.sii file that deal with the map zoom uplift value to begin with? :roll:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Slatkus
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2013 18:34

ScuL wrote:We kept the game_data file in an unprotected archive exactly for the purpose of combining it with other mods
Good to know. Thanks for the information.
n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:I have to wonder why a "lights" mode would even need to change those parts of game_data.sii file that deal with the map zoom uplift value to begin with? :roll:
Lights mod had some "extra" features like increased interior sound. I modified that parts as I didn't like it. But I didn't know if it is safe to delete game_data from that mod so kept it.

Offtopic - does anybody knows what line blinker_auto_off_limit in game_data means? Currently it is on 0.27 (27%). Is it an angle of steering wheel at which blinkers turns off by itself or is it a position of steering wheel at which blinkers auto off feature activates?

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information