Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Horizon™
Developer

26 Jun 2015 07:27

I think yes, because ferry line will not be that important, so....
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

26 Jun 2015 07:38

So by the same argument we should get rid of the Hirtshals to Bergen and Stavanger ferries since you can get to them from Kristiansand?
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

MYE2001

26 Jun 2015 07:43

jdenm8 wrote:So by the same argument we should get rid of the Hirtshals to Bergen and Stavanger ferries since you can get to them from Kristiansand?
Yes.

Horizon™
Developer

26 Jun 2015 07:47

No, that ferry you mentioned have different story - it is about 400km or more to go around, but Helsinki - Tallinn is less than that, so....Think :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

MYE2001

26 Jun 2015 07:51

DeusHorizon wrote:No, that ferry you mentioned have different story - it is about 400km or more to go around, but Helsinki - Tallinn is less than that, so....Think :)
Helsinki - Talinn isn`t much shorter than Kristiansand - Bergen,or it is even longer distance.Just calculate in Google Maps.

martinusK

26 Jun 2015 07:59

Helsinki-Tallinn is ridiculous ferry to delete - it would make an 80km journey 710km longer....
EDIT: Although this is not an aspect in-game, it is in real life - you could be stuck on the Russian border for days.... :?
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MYE2001

26 Jun 2015 08:05

Martinus Kundla wrote:Helsinki-Tallinn is ridiculous ferry to delete - it would make an 80km journey 710km longer....
How about Hirsthals - Stavanger / Bergen.It does not make the route longer like this,and it is not a pass like Talinn ( to south )
And you can be stuck,you are right.I hate when I go to other country in meanless places,such as Calais - Strasbourg via Belgium and Innsbruck - Salzburg via Germany.

Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2015 08:34

MYE2001 wrote:
Martinus Kundla wrote:Helsinki-Tallinn is ridiculous ferry to delete - it would make an 80km journey 710km longer....
How about Hirsthals - Stavanger / Bergen.It does not make the route longer like this,and it is not a pass like Talinn ( to south )
And you can be stuck,you are right.I hate when I go to other country in meanless places,such as Calais - Strasbourg via Belgium and Innsbruck - Salzburg via Germany.
hirsthals - stavanger / bergen should be removed in my opinion. it's such a nice route to go the way up to Bergen by truck. with the ferry you miss this lovely track!
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Jun 2015 10:05

I've already disabled Hirtshals-Bergen in 1.95. To make the ferry port in Bergen not useless, Bergen is now connected to Tórshavn, which makes more sense for being at an "end" of the map.

Furthermore, I think we may add more shortcuts by ferry at some points. Personally, I thought about Ventspils - Nymäshamn (and remove Gdánsk-Nymäshamn) as an extra shortcut.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MYE2001

26 Jun 2015 10:17

MandelSoft wrote:I've already disabled Hirtshals-Bergen in 1.95. To make the ferry port in Bergen not useless, Bergen is now connected to Tórshavn, which makes more sense for being at an "end" of the map.

Furthermore, I think we may add more shortcuts by ferry at some points. Personally, I thought about Ventspils - Nymäshamn (and remove Gdánsk-Nymäshamn) as an extra shortcut.
I`m afraid Nymashamn is too north.Routes from Latvia / Lithuania to Finland can be generated via Sweden.And will Stavenger - Hirsthals ferry exist?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information