Extreme Euro trucking videos

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
natvander
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 12:28

And then there's Outback Truckers - the show that informs you the drivers you should never employ. Some of the drivers are great, but most are in the "I own the road" crowd. Gives drivers a worse name than they already have (tampered speed limiters, methamphetamines, cowboy attitude etc)

markspark
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 15:45

Sure you will have seen this. Maybe not Euro, but still.

Aussie Trucker

11 Jun 2015 00:46

natvander wrote:And then there's Outback Truckers - the show that informs you the drivers you should never employ. Some of the drivers are great, but most are in the "I own the road" crowd. Gives drivers a worse name than they already have (tampered speed limiters, methamphetamines, cowboy attitude etc)
The outrage that show created in the first few eps when the woman drove through the flashing lights at the railway crossing, over taking that little buzz box on the wrong side of the road, NE of Perth was hilarious. It was dead obvious that it was set up for the cameras yet certain public forums went ballistic suggesting everything from taking away the woman's licence to locking her up for life. They definitely created some moron's out of ordinary truckies but it was interesting to watch and that poor bugger from Perth who set out for a week long journey Nth to some of the remote communities with three trailers and finally arrives 36 days later with only one trailer and still had to go back and get the other two trailers he's left bogged to the axles was nothing short of entertaining.

natvander
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2015 05:54

Tho alot is set up, they should still show all within the boundaries of the law - all that scene did is showed the viewer that she was a 'typical truck cowboy (cowgirl) with the typical "get out of my way" attitude'. Given the bad publicity the heavy vehicle industry has had over the last few years with serious accidents caused from deadlines, fatigue, drugs, speed limiters, poor maintenance etc the last thing they needed was a tv show displaying the behaviours that back up the bad reputation they get.

I enjoyed watching the oversize load going up the Toowoomba Range (tho again the attitude of other drivers on the radio simply sucked) and the cattle drivers generally are fair dinkum with their attitude.

Aussie Trucker

11 Jun 2015 07:21

natvander wrote:Tho alot is set up, they should still show all within the boundaries of the law - all that scene did is showed the viewer that she was a 'typical truck cowboy (cowgirl) with the typical "get out of my way" attitude'. Given the bad publicity the heavy vehicle industry has had over the last few years with serious accidents caused from deadlines, fatigue, drugs, speed limiters, poor maintenance etc the last thing they needed was a tv show displaying the behaviours that back up the bad reputation they get..
I agree, but the entire show was made to pamper to the lame brained people who still think the industry is made up totally of cowboys and that every steering wheel attendant in the country is actually out to kill them. Unfortunately they found their target audience.
natvander wrote: I enjoyed watching the oversize load going up the Toowoomba Range (tho again the attitude of other drivers on the radio simply sucked) and the cattle drivers generally are fair dinkum with their attitude.
I liked it too. The guy in Toowoomba was the guy with the mine's tipper that needed three semis to carry it and he needed a pull up the hill wasn't it? The guy who at one stage said he was getting 1 meter per litre of fuel.

The only cattle driver I didn't like was the guy in the red truck who got the triple bogged at the farm, he was too gung-ho with both the truck and the animals for my liking. But the two cattle trucks that came out of NW QLD in convoy were ok, the guy carting farm equipment to farm expos was good and the old fella with his dog heading up the Gribb river Road was a dead set trucking legend.

However that Yogi idiot that did Bris-vegas to Darwin and back was a total tool and again one for the truck haters not truck lovers.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information