Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
ScuL
Founder

09 Mar 2023 08:33

Any aspiring modder will be invited to the ProMods Academy when they reach a sufficient level, the best place to share progress is here or on Discord
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

FarmingSniper

02 Apr 2023 21:20

ATS Custom Company Prefabs
I have been messing around with the map editor for some time now and I would like to try making yards with custom pick/up and drop/off's etc. That being said I did find some basic prefabs that included all of the needed points to have a functional company and you just put build the yard around it but it was years old and for ETS. Can anyone point me in a direction of a tutorial or some prefabs that are available to use? Or if I am able to somehow pull the triggers from an existing company and then add them back into the editor as individual points? Any help would be appreciated. If there is a similar post that I have missed just like this please send me the link because I dont wanna ask repeat questions.

Danifox
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2023 05:45

In version 1.47 the speed option has been removed from the traffic area, what has that been replaced with now, does anyone know?

vejkee

09 Apr 2023 11:18

Hello how can i make multiple cities while making new map?
Beginner mapper :)

Drive Safely

13 Apr 2023 22:24

I don't know if all the mappers are aware of this but I might as well post it here. :) There's some new information on Map Editor features on the SCS Modding Wiki:

https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/New_Ed ... d_%2B_1.47

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2023 21:35

ScuL wrote:
09 Mar 2023 08:33
Any aspiring modder will be invited to the ProMods Academy when they reach a sufficient level, the best place to share progress is here or on Discord
It's funny 'cause I'd love to be part of that and deliver quality content that a lot of people will enjoy, but I find it really hard to motivate myself knowing I'm just not that good yet (and have doubts that I will ever be) and that I have to pour a lot of hours into it without the motivation that others get to see or play it.

I don't know how to bridge that gap and where to start. I watch tutorials but I find no real meaning in basically modding for myself. I know I'm not entitled to anything but it would be great if you updated the topic on which things should be built/tried to be touched by aspiring modders, so that I have a more realistic purpose of building anything. I'd love to build something in Belgium, I know that place is crowded already so maybe just rework Liège and the southern parts towards Luxembourg, but I feel like even if I was the best mapper, the assets (especially the horrible Belgian signs) would still make me be unsatisfied by the result.

Maybe a developer can tell me how they found motivation to bridge the gap when they were still new, I'd love to hear that :)
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

ScuL
Founder

19 Jun 2023 00:12

SturmZebra wrote:
18 Jun 2023 21:35
that I have to pour a lot of hours into it without the motivation that others get to see or play it.

I don't know how to bridge that gap and where to start.
Well the downside of modding ETS2 is that the learning curve is incredibly steep. But once you have "broken" the initial hurdle then everything gets a lot easier afterwards. You have to keep being persistent in order to achieve this.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

germanTHX

20 Jun 2023 22:21

So I don't really know if this is the right place for this, but I just gonna ask:
For an eternity I hoped someone would remake or update the Real Hard Parking Mod that existed back in the day. The default parking spots are just way to easy, and even ProMods keeps most of them on the simple side. Which I understand, as a lot of folks even have problems with those.
But I thought there would be a big enough "market" of people that want harder spots that there would be a mod created.
As this wasn't the case as of today (or at least i couldn't find a similar mod) I wanted to work on something like that myself.

I played a bit around in the editor and think I could get something like that done as I wouldn't have to create new maps from scratch or create traffic routes and all that stuff.

But how can I edit the default map, and then export only the changes into a mod for other people to use?
As far as I understand I basically create a copy of the original map on saving. Which would obviously be huge to share that as a mod.
Any tutorial that would be appreciated that maybe shows how I can create a mod that only modifies the original map instead of creating a separate map.
Thanks!

astranautica

13 Jul 2023 01:53

Hello, I am working and expanding on the city of Toronto via Attoms Ontario mod. But I cannot for the life of me, get my changes to load. I always have errors opening the map, and cannot test it out for the life of me. May I please have some guidance?

I have no idea how to post an image so please refer to my reddit post. (

CCMGAMER02
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2023 12:55

Could someone help me or teach me how to do geolocations please???
It's for Guadalajara
Thanks!!!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information