Formula 1

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
kReX

13 Jun 2015 21:23

Does anybody here watch Formula 1? Do you watch every race? Whom do you cheer for?
I cheer for Sebastian Vettel (yes, forza Ferrari :)) and I hope that he will be able to constantly win races soon.
SLOVENIJA

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2015 10:18

I do watch F1 but I am becoming less of a fan due to the new system and lack of close racing. I prefer touring cars and the like.

ZelvaCZ

14 Jun 2015 10:24

uk_daf_fan wrote:I do watch F1 but I am becoming less of a fan due to the new system and lack of close racing. I prefer touring cars and the like.
Exactly the same here...

Dannu
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2015 10:53

I watch every race and i support finnish drivers. My favorite race is Monaco of course.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

ScuL
Founder

14 Jun 2015 11:47

I started watching F1 in 1988 as a young boy with my idol Ayrton Senna. F1 became more boring during the infinite reign of GPs claimed by Michael Schuhmacher and I started losing my interest in the late 2000's. I haven't watched F1 at all in the last 5 years as it has become a "produced" sport with very little spirit behind it and more a show of who's got the biggest wallet. The strict rules being enforced are limiting the development of motor sport and I really despise the new engines. The roar from the F1 cars of the 90's was phenomenal.
Conclusively I consider the sport dead unless changes are made
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Horizon™
Developer

14 Jun 2015 11:58

I "watched" F1 then I was a kid, but unlikely I was just listening the sounds of cars :D

F1 is boring, I prefer to watch/play Rally. :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2015 12:17

ScuL wrote:I started watching F1 in 1988 as a young boy with my idol Ayrton Senna. F1 became more boring during the infinite reign of GPs claimed by Michael Schuhmacher and I started losing my interest in the late 2000's. I haven't watched F1 at all in the last 5 years as it has become a "produced" sport with very little spirit behind it and more a show of who's got the biggest wallet. The strict rules being enforced are limiting the development of motor sport and I really despise the new engines. The roar from the F1 cars of the 90's was phenomenal.
Conclusively I consider the sport dead unless changes are made
Hear hear. But even when Schumacher was dominant at least we had great sounding, fast and exciting cars. Now the cars have the engine capacity of a Ford Focus Ecoboost and sound like one just sped up and with more gears, and produce half the power of today's ultimate production cars. F1 for me and I'm sure everyone else should be the pinnacle of motorsport and it just isn't at the moment. The fact that the GP2 cars are just one second a lap slower in race trim nowadays just sums everything up. I don't like the idea of 'spectator value' in any sport. Sports such as football and (although I hate it) cricket have maintained if not increased their fan-base over the years without any changes other than sponsorship or team colours, so why should corrupt Bernie have decide to change the number of points awarded?

ScuL
Founder

14 Jun 2015 12:32

uk_daf_fan wrote:Hear hear. But even when Schumacher was dominant at least we had great sounding, fast and exciting cars.
Yes this is certainly true.
uk_daf_fan wrote:Now the cars have the engine capacity of a Ford Focus Ecoboost and sound like one just sped up and with more gears, and produce half the power of today's ultimate production cars. F1 for me and I'm sure everyone else should be the pinnacle of motorsport and it just isn't at the moment.
Very true yet again, to me F1 should be the ultimate league of motor sports. Cars should be able to do 300km/h easily or possibly peaking to 350km/h. The fact that they continue to restrict it pampered by all sorts of lame excuses take away the spectacle. Also it doesn't promote car/engine manufacturers to give their best engineers a run to come up with the fastest technology they could possibly produce.
If it wasn't for all these restrictions F1 cars would be peaking 400km/h by now :P (Indycar actually briefly achieved that!)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Horizon™
Developer

14 Jun 2015 12:38

Probably it will be faster than Bugatti Veyron already :D ,but cars like those aren't safe that much, so 350 km/h is fast too.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2015 16:41

If Volkswagen can make a Bugatti safe at 431km/h, then the world's greatest engineers could easily make an F1 car safe at 400km/h. It's just excuses as ScuL said and idiots like Bernie chipping in when they needn't.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information