RusMap 1.5: Finally at the correct scale!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

29 Jun 2015 21:23

The map is really much better now as it was before!! I think I'm going to spend really more time in the east of Europe!
Maybe it's possible now to make a route from Tartu to Pskov. It's not far away anymore now to both cities.

Really hope that this map will be added officially to the promods map!
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

29 Jun 2015 22:22

this is wonderful news! funny because I was commenting on this in the Euromir thread. And Voila! it's released. I didn't expect this to come out this fast! New custom interchanges. looks really good. my guess the older parts aldim@tor will rebuild them. Mandlesoft, you have to be impressed with how Minsk was built but what do you think of the signage system? Is that the way it is? Now hopefully promods will stay out of these areas because it look likes Aldim@tor is doing promods quality work :).
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Rocar 512E

30 Jun 2015 06:33

I think it opens a lot of possibilites to integrate this\make it compatible into promods

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Jun 2015 08:17

There are only some minor flaws with RusMap from a mappers point of perspective:

- The map is hardly optimised, especially near the St. Petersburg port; it could use more cut-plane objects to boost up performance.
- Some detail objects (like streetlights) could be better. Who knows, maybe we could deliver a few objects to him?
- This slope in Minsk is too steep:

But all of these are minor, easy fixable problems

It's obvious that Brest-Minsk is the newer map part, since I see a lot of new prefabs there. It's funny, because Belarus used to be the worst part in RusMap.
And yes, I think the signage looks mostly genuine in Belarus, but I still see some re-use of signs from Belgium and Austria there...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ScuL
Founder

30 Jun 2015 09:07

JurianPaulussen wrote: Maybe it's possible now to make a route from Tartu to Pskov. It's not far away anymore now to both cities.
I built this road yesterday, just need one of the other devs to finish the landscaping :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

martinusK

30 Jun 2015 10:06

ScuL, so you completed the N2 and then used the N7/A212?
If so, how did you then do the border crossing? (Not an user of RusMap (yet), so i dont know how they are there)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

mbman212
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2015 10:31

Can someone tell me how can I get my ProMods custom def to work with RusMap?

I have set diffeent colors on map+navigator and have set No Damage, because if I drive "legally" I still somehow get damage.

I've tried to overwrite those wrong sections from RusMap from the ProMods def, it didn't work, then I tried to delete game_data.sii from the def file, didn't work either.

I'm starting to lose my patience here.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

ScuL
Founder

30 Jun 2015 12:06

Martinus Kundla wrote:ScuL, so you completed the N2 and then used the N7/A212?
If so, how did you then do the border crossing? (Not an user of RusMap (yet), so i dont know how they are there)
Precisely, border crossing with Russia has not been build yet but the road to access it is there.

There is a border crossing with Latvia and the road that connects to Riga is in progress.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Bisinus
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2015 13:23

Wow that are brilliant news Scul, will you release this route in 2.0 or earlier? :D
ProMods+Rusmap 8-)
Enjoying this Experience since Promods 1.71 and Rusmap 1.4.8
Deutsch🇩🇪 English🇬🇧 עברית🇮🇱
little 🇷🇺 and 🇮🇹

martinusK

30 Jun 2015 14:29

But will ProMods now do Russia? I dont really know how good RusMap is...
Merging ProMods with RusMap would mean less work for you guys, but then again, if its not a very good quality job by RusMap, then its pointless...
Also, will a road from Valga/Valka be made (to Pskov)?
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information