Mouse and keyboard drivers malfunctioning

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
martinusK

30 Jun 2015 17:30

Tere!

I've been battling with my computer a few days, therefore the rare posts.
When i reached the logon screen, my monitor lost connection to my GPU and just showed nothing. I had to replace the graphics card (luckily i had a spare that is equal to my current one), after which it started working.
However, the mouse (Logitech M100) and keyboard (Trust GTX 280) dont work - Windows does not recognize the devices. As a result i currently have to use a wireless keyboard (Logitech K400), which has a built-in mousepad.

This isn't very comfortable tho and i'd like to get my good old mechanical keyboard and actual mouse back. Any suggestions?
Cheers, Martinus
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

kristiadi

30 Jun 2015 17:51

just reinstal your OS. format the old one and install the new one.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2015 12:02

Maybe you can plug the keyboard and or the mouse into your computer, and open the device manager. Go to the mouse/keyboard, and uninstall the drivers. Unplug your mouse/keyboard and restart your computer. Plug them back into your computer and let Windows install the plug and play drivers, or install the Logitech drivers if you've got them.
If your mouse/keyboard work as the should with the plug and play drivers from Windows, leave it that way and don't (maybe) break it with the installation of the Logitech driver.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

martinusK

01 Jul 2015 12:23

I tried that earlier already, but the device manager doesnt uninstall them.
I press OK when it tells me "You are about the uninstall this device from your computer" and then nothing. It just still has the window open, but it does nothing....
When i try to close it from task manager (the regular red X doesnt work), it says "The program is waiting for a response from you." However, i see nothing like that so i force end the task.

But since my video card drivers are malfunctioning aswell, im reinstalling Windows....
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2015 16:01

In that case, that would probably be the best option... Hope you can save your files!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

kristiadi

01 Jul 2015 17:25

always put the document into other disk, dont put it on system disk, just for everybody doesnt know or notice this before.

martinusK

01 Jul 2015 19:38

Always got my games and important stuff on another disk :)
But i can't even install - in the install setup, the keyboard and mouse don't work.... :(
I'm thinking it's a hardware mistake, either RAM or motherboard. :roll:

EDIT: Got installing. I currently only have the keyboard tho, but i know my way around :)
Appears that the motherboard's USB ports got damaged somehow, so i am currently using the built-in ones on my case.
Although, now that i think about it, i actually don't have to reinstall Windows...it's a hardware problem afterall :lol:

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information