United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
bumbumek

20 Oct 2015 09:37

What about Ireland? Will it be in v2.0? :)

ScuL
Founder

20 Oct 2015 10:15

No, no chance for v2.0
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Superdavecan

25 Oct 2015 11:59

I would support the status quo of 1:15 for the UK (and I suppose Ireland) since it already exists... and it's probably easier to re-work the existing map than to rebuild a brand new one at 1:19.

I'd say ScuL is right about London and the M25 being problematic in 1:19... and then there are also pairings of cities elsewhere in the UK that might end up too close together... and these are pairings of cities that are too important to not include. I'm talking about Liverpool and Manchester, and Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Scotland needs both Glasgow and Edinburgh... and if Dundee were to be built it would be pretty tough in 1:19 I'm sure.
- You can't really get rid of Liverpool or Manchester either... if this were done in 1:19 then in order to make them both fit, Sheffield would likely have to go and it's unlikely it could be replaced by Leeds.
- Cardiff and the proposed Bristol are quite close together, although this wouldn't really be any worse than the Ruhr area cities in Germany.
- I saw in Squirrel's video last week that Chelmsford had been made! In 1:19 it would almost certainly have to go, I'm sure...

So yeah, although it would be nice to have a consistent scale for the whole map, in the case of the UK I would support keeping it at 1:15 and doing a comprehensive rework of it, like what's happened with the ARP in Germany. Do we know if SCS even still intends to do anything in the UK and Ireland at all?

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2015 17:58

Ive been thinking about this scaling issue today, whilst driving along the M4. I think it's likely the scale will remain at 1:15, but to help alleviate the problem the roads could be straighter, with gradual cornering like in the ARP, the SCS roads in the UK weave around corners unrealistically and if they were straighter it would take less time to get from place to place.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2015 23:22

Superdavecan wrote:I would support the status quo of 1:15 for the UK (and I suppose Ireland) since it already exists... and it's probably easier to re-work the existing map than to rebuild a brand new one at 1:19.

I'd say ScuL is right about London and the M25 being problematic in 1:19... and then there are also pairings of cities elsewhere in the UK that might end up too close together... and these are pairings of cities that are too important to not include. I'm talking about Liverpool and Manchester, and Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Scotland needs both Glasgow and Edinburgh... and if Dundee were to be built it would be pretty tough in 1:19 I'm sure.
- You can't really get rid of Liverpool or Manchester either... if this were done in 1:19 then in order to make them both fit, Sheffield would likely have to go and it's unlikely it could be replaced by Leeds.
- Cardiff and the proposed Bristol are quite close together, although this wouldn't really be any worse than the Ruhr area cities in Germany.
- I saw in Squirrel's video last week that Chelmsford had been made! In 1:19 it would almost certainly have to go, I'm sure...

So yeah, although it would be nice to have a consistent scale for the whole map, in the case of the UK I would support keeping it at 1:15 and doing a comprehensive rework of it, like what's happened with the ARP in Germany. Do we know if SCS even still intends to do anything in the UK and Ireland at all?
Good point, there are a lot of major city parings in the UK. Glasgow/Edinburgh Manchester/Liverpool, and probably Cardiff/Bristol if that's going to be done

It would've been nice if all of Europe was in 1:15
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

adgjl
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2015 23:56

Tbh I don't think that's a solid argument since any country will have cases where a 1:15 scale would allow cities which should be there in terms of size and importance but there isn't space for in 1:19.

As Superdavecan said though converting the whole of the UK from one scale to another would probably involve technical difficulties and since it's already at 1:15 I'm not against the idea of making good use of that.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2015 06:27

What comes to mind is that Rusmap was able to change their scale from 1:13 to 1:19 for their 1.5 release. But they did have much more room to work with...
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

jspence73

26 Oct 2015 15:42

Also Westminster is one of the capital cities As well cause its a busy city I think cause I never bean there before :D
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Oct 2015 15:54

As far as I know, Westminster = London (excluding the City of London).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

jspence73

26 Oct 2015 15:56

MandelSoft wrote:As far as I know, Westminster = London (excluding the City of London).
Ah so Westminster is like part of London as well then
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information