United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
andyplanck

30 Sep 2015 11:03

If they ever do North wales, there might be interesting roads to model, especially for snowdonia and Rhyl..
Company name:Planck Logistics AB
Home: Uppsala, where i live in reality
Truck: Scania R,420 hp, midaxle

Kimril
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2015 18:27

andyplanck wrote:and Rhyl..
Urgh, you don't want to go there trust me mate.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2015 19:44

Whatever you wish for guys, don't forget about map scale ;) . It requires quiet a bit of trickery to fit stuff into the space available :)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 09:12

Question for devs. I was thinking...

Since ARP is well underway, and we'll get new areas in 2.0, Germany will now more or less will be bearable to drive through, with Ulm added and Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich reworked. ARP dev will continue I assume after 2.0, but can't we have two projects run simultaneously? Personally, I avoid UK all together like I did with Germany, and I find that really annoying, as I'd love to drive in UK more often.

Do you think there is the workforce to pull of some changes in the UK shortly after 2.0? I'm sure it's unwise to completely disregard SCS plans, but UK changes are far overdue, and if you we're to ignore every area SCS is presumably working on (I mean, do we even 100% know they're working on them?), it'll take years to see those areas in Promods.

Food for thought, hopefully.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Oct 2015 09:31

The problem is that you need at least one dedicated developer to keep such a project running well. We have some problems regarding that at the ARP (mainly the south half doesn't really have a dedicated developer) or Euromir (where Lithuania doesn't seem to have one). Without a dedicated developer, projects tend to go slow or may even end up in the Project Freezer (like the BRP).

A dedicated developer for a project is more a vital part of the success of a project than the number of developers in ProMods in total. And at the moment, we don't have any for the UK...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 11:00

MandelSoft wrote:The problem is that you need at least one dedicated developer to keep such a project running well. We have some problems regarding that at the ARP (mainly the south half doesn't really have a dedicated developer) or Euromir (where Lithuania doesn't seem to have one). Without a dedicated developer, projects tend to go slow or may even end up in the Project Freezer (like the BRP).

A dedicated developer for a project is more a vital part of the success of a project than the number of developers in ProMods in total. And at the moment, we don't have any for the UK...
Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

mbman212
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 12:07

I'd like to give a shot of rebuilding UK since everyone wants it and it' has been pretty much the same when SCS copied it from UKTS to ETS2...

But first I still need to learn editing signs and that stuff.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Oct 2015 15:06

Actually, editing signs is quite trivial and we don't think it's that important for a beginner mapper. For a beginner, the most important aspects to us is that you can handle landscaping and infrastructure building correctly. Other skills (DEF handling, optimisation, signage, etc.) will come later on.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

mbman212
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 15:12

Thanks for the tip, Mandel! ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2015 07:03

A question about UK (Especially Scotland) Will you make (and is it possible) to make the famous - mono-line roads? - Well I meant those roads where if two cars go opposite direction - one will be forced to go backwards till the closest overtake point...
Last edited by AssassinLV on 09 Oct 2015 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information