No wheels on some traffic cars

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
HashMyth

19 Dec 2013 18:55

Hello all!

I found this topic on SCS forum and they have now passed this off as a Mod bug.

So now I am posting here. It seems that SCS suggests you unpack the current version of base.scs and def.scs and compare them against your mod.

I have also noticed some other mods are reporting the missing tires on AI cars.

I have 2 profiles. One has ProMods and a Wheel Pack and the other is just the Wheel Pack. No issues on just Wheel Pack Mod.
I found that if I am driving in just the Stock areas with just ProMods on the AI seems fine. Once I enter into ProMods area of the map is when it randomly starts to loose the tires on AI. The heaver the traffic, the more tires go missing.

I also notice when the AI is just visible as a lower far away resolution texture the tires show blurry under the car. As it passes into the Higher resolution, closer to my truck, the AI tires disappear.

Any ideas?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2013 19:37

No idea, I have seen the topic on the SCS forum as well...

I would think it has to do with the wheels mod since it works without them.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

HashMyth

19 Dec 2013 19:41

That's the thing, I don't have Wheel Mod loaded

Also some others just have the HDR bloom mod and that caused the same issue from what I have heard... So I believe its something that SCS changed and now its conflicted with the ProMod... Then again when the updated AI comes out... ProMods wont work till its recompiled.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2013 19:51

Only thing I can tell is that you are the first one with this crash... also the new ai will take some more weeks and we will have got a new version prepared (if possible) before the new patch is out... so far this version survived about 10 patches so it's doing it's job just fine.

HashMyth

19 Dec 2013 19:56

Its not really a crash, just a texture issue. I will look into it more. I just find it weird that when I drive into the ProMods map area is when the issue appears and the wheels disappear.

True ProMods survived a lot of the updates but when the new AI comes out, SCS even stated that many things were going to be changed and will cause major flaws in quite a few mods until they recompile them to the new version.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2013 20:00

We know. We have acces to these new builds and they indeed do not work with the current version of ProMods.

ScuL
Founder

19 Dec 2013 20:10

Are you running the game on OpenGL or DirectX graphics? Win or Linux?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

HashMyth

20 Dec 2013 04:56

win 7 64bit on Steamm I dont pick opengl or directx so whatever is default.

It started right after 1.8 update. Just the wheels are missing on random AI cars. Going to try somevother things like update vid drivers and reconfigure mods unload and load. I will keep you posted.

HashMyth

20 Dec 2013 11:31

Update: Okay so what I did was un-clicked the 3 ProMods, clicked Apply, then re-clicked the 3 and clicked apply and it now seems that the wheels are showing up again. Possibly a glitch from the updates from SCS changed something and unloading/reloading just ProMods fixed it.

!Warning!(Do not load your game unless you have a saved game ready or you will loose data)

I will update as I drive around some more but I have a long haul to France from the Scania track so... Its gonna be a bit before I can 100% confirm its fixed.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2013 14:34

ScuL wrote:If your profile is standard (original SCS and not some other map mod) you should be able to load our mod and continue your profile without problems. Please ensure to make a backup of your profile in case you wish to be able to restore it to its original condition.
True always back-up... there can always be some coflict that can damage the game...

Hopefully it's sorted out now.

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information