Moving map sectors

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Narzew

24 Nov 2015 02:08

Hi, I saw that one guy (hemil) moved the many sectors (he moves whole map!) from one map (standalone) and add it to the very bottom of Europe map.
It also have moved many sectors from the completed addon map to another place to make compatibilty. How he do that? Is the way to do it yourself?
Can anyone explain me the structure of sectors like this ?
sec+0126+0027
sec+0000-0012
I saw that some are: sec+nr1+nr2 but I also find sec+nr1-nr2
What is first number, what is second number and what is difference between + and - here ?
Map: Promods 2.00 + Project Balkans 1.02 + RusMap 1.6 + South Korea Adventure Map 5.8 + Russian Open Spaces 2.4 + TasMap 5.2 + ROC 0.13

ScuL
Founder

24 Nov 2015 07:12

Hi Narzew

The sectors all come from sector +0000+0000 which is in the middle of the map (Germany)
The fist number is the sector going West (-) or East (+)
The second number is the sector North (-) or South(+)

You can select a whole bunch of items and use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy & paste them in the editor.
This allows you to cut whole areas from the map and place them elsewhere.

Please be aware that moving whole cities or countries can take VERY long and your computer may become slow.
Typically we cut / paste parts of countries to ease the process, we internally call this "Frankensteining". :mrgreen:
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information