(Dear Dev.) Revive Project Ireland

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Pearse
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2015 18:57

I suppose the title doesn't explain this post as best as possible (from what I understand the Ireland project hasn't been called off, simply delayed) but I would like to show my interest for the country to be added. In addition, I would like to offer my support with the development of an Ireland map, although I believe it has already begun. I must highlight the fact that, although I haven't experience with using the map editor much, I'd be willing to learn if it would help; but what I'd much rather share is my knowledge of the roads and the country itself which I would imagine is key to producing the quality of content that ProMods make.

It may be a case where you don't have time to work on the project at the moment and that is completely understandable, however, just know that I, and hopefully many others, are supportive of Project Ireland (show your support below).

Thanks
Pearse

Horizon™
Developer

14 Dec 2015 20:06

Thanks for this message, Pearse!

We delayed the Ireland, because we got some 'news' about SCS' development in this country - creating the country now would be nonsense, and all the manpower will be useless, because everything would be replaced, except specific models/signs. - The UK rebuilding has been delayed too, except Scotland because we know that Scotland will not get new cities.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ScuL
Founder

14 Dec 2015 23:13

The interesting thing is that SCS have delayed their Ireland project in favour of other projects. If we get capacity after 2.0 is out we will pick this up again because it needs to be there.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2015 23:52

Nice to hear that, ScuL :)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

jontsuba
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2015 00:14

In my humble opinion, I think that unless SCS has short term plans for an area, Promods should go for it. We've been years waiting for SCS's Ireland while developing France and just now (code based) rumours say they are working on it.

Kobra2112

15 Dec 2015 03:25

I wholeheartedly agree that 2.0 currently takes first priority. However, I would honestly expect that waiting years for SCS to build Ireland and rebuild the UK is complete and utter idiocy when it would take half that time to rebuild the UK. Further more, penguinaz is working on Northern Ireland, so that's a start already. If promods is willing to build the UK and rebuild it when and if SCS ever decides to release their UK expansion, then so be it.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Puncake
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2015 17:39

Ireland would to great to drive around, especially with the amount of detail ProMods put into their map.

Randleman

15 Dec 2015 23:52

Talking about projects. I know this might not be the right thread, but I felt it'd be silly to create a whole new thread just for this one question.
Also, this is not a "YOU MUST DO THIS!", but more of a "Is there a chance" kind of question.

Will there ever be ProMods mapping in Croatia? Considering Slovenia is already there, the link has pretty much been made, or am I seeing this completely wrong?
(I wished I was any good with map developing because then I could offer my services :( )

Rocar 512E

16 Dec 2015 00:10

Let's hope SCS will tell us if they work on Ireland, because i tried to contact them a some time ago, but they never answered me.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2015 01:07

Randleman wrote: Will there ever be ProMods mapping in Croatia? Considering Slovenia is already there, the link has pretty much been made, or am I seeing this completely wrong?
(I wished I was any good with map developing because then I could offer my services :( )
At Project Balkans we are working on Croatia :)
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information