Sound Fixes Pack [1.49] [for ETS2 and ATS]

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Drive Safely

09 Dec 2023 02:44

Welcome ProMods to ETS2 1.49! There's been a lot of changes to the Sound Fixes Pack including two additional sound features. Enjoy! :)

Pack updated to v23.95 with the following changes:
December 7, 2023
v23.95

Compatibility update for ATS 1.49.2.8. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2011 Ford F-450 in AI traffic (Kansas ambulance variants). [ATS edition]

Quality of life improvements for the Sound Fixes Pack wet tire sound feature:
- New and more seamless wet tire sound loop.
- Wet tire sound loop will dynamically lower in sound volume in light rain conditions, due to the road being in a drier state.
- Sound volume adjustments for the wet tire sound layer for the tire screech on asphalt roads.
- Wet tire sound loop should no longer skip or have a millisecond pause in certain camera views.

===================================================================

December 4, 2023
v23.94

Lowered sound volume of wet tire sound to correct for users without soundproofing mods.

December 4, 2023
v23.93

Amplified interior rain sound.

New feature: Open the window and listen to the spray of water from your own truck tires during rain on asphalt roads.
- In case of accidentally glitching the wet tire sound through Photo Mode or a weather game command, you can resolve it by:
- Driving in any direction for a few meters then stopping. The sound will then remove itself if it's not currently raining.

December 2, 2023
v23.92

1 new additional horn sound added to the array for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium in AI traffic.
Some adjustments to probabilities for each of the reworked default air brake sound effect replacements.

-- Optional addon news --
Winter sounds for ETS2 updated to remove more sounds of crickets.

November 30, 2023
v23.91.2

Compatibility updates for the Kansas DLC and ATS 1.49.2. [ATS edition]

November 30, 2023
v23.91.1

Restored sound modifications for Kansas DLC AI traffic emergency vehicles in preparation for the Kansas DLC. [ATS edition]

November 29, 2023
v23.91

Engine sounds added to the 2007 Peugeot Boxer Mk2 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Compatibility patch for the upcoming version of Winter sounds. [ETS2 edition]
Minor sound adjustments for some AI traffic car engine sounds. [ETS2 edition]
Horn sound added to the 2016 Ford (Explorer) Utility Police Interceptors in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Temporary removal of sound modifications for Kansas DLC AI traffic vehicles, in case of last minute file renaming. [ATS edition]

November 24, 2023
v23.90

Slightly increased sensitivity for the reworked tire screech sound.

Added optional feature to allow NPCs to communicate via the CB radio to report sightings of nearby cops on patrol. [ATS edition]
- To enable, select "- CB radio cop scouting - Sound Fixes" in the voice navigation options.
- Please note that this replaces the voice navigation. The sound volume is adjustable by the voice navigation slider.
- To disable, change/disable the voice navigation option and restart the game.
- Another way to disable it is to reach a final destination on the satnav then immediately change the voice navigation option.

November 21, 2023
v23.89.1

Compatibility updates for the ETS2 1.49 open beta. [ETS2 edition]

November 20, 2023
v23.89

Engine and horn sounds added to the 1992 Volkswagen Golf Mk2 (19E) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine sounds added to the 2018 Volvo VNL in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
2 new horn sounds added to the 2014 Volvo VNL in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

November 15, 2023
v23.88

3 new air brake sound effects added to the default air brake sound array.
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class W211 (3rd generation) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
3 new air brake sound effects applied to the 2019 Freightliner Cascadia in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Added sound for wheelbarrows being wheeled.
Engine sounds applied to the 2011 Ford F-450 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Horn sounds added to the 2018 Volvo VNL in AI traffic. [ATS edition]

Reefer trailer sound addons confirmed as compatible with 1.49.

November 8, 2023
v23.87

Compatibility updates for the ATS 1.49 open beta. [ATS edition]
Improved mixing for the tire sounds on snow terrain.
Engine sounds added to the 1979 Zastava 101 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2023 Chevrolet Suburban (12th generation) Premier in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Stopped error from the vanilla game for the missing snow soundref file. [ATS edition]

November 2, 2023
v23.86

Compatibility updates for the ETS2 1.49 open beta. [ETS2 edition]
Swapped thunder sound set to use the new vanilla game thunder sounds. [ETS2 edition]
Engine and horn sounds applied to the Pierce Arrow XT fire trucks in the Kansas DLC. [ATS edition]
Engine and horn sounds applied to the 2014 Dodge Charger highway police car in the Kansas DLC. [ATS edition]
Engine sounds applied to the 2016 Ford Explorer police car in the Kansas DLC. [ATS edition]

October 31, 2023
v23.85.1

Compatibility updates for the ATS 1.49 open beta. [ATS edition]
Swapped thunder sound set to use the new vanilla game thunder sounds. [ATS edition]

Drive Safely

15 Dec 2023 00:26

Merry Christmas!

I'm not the only one with Christmas sound surprises. SCS Software has graced us with a wonderful Christmas World of Trucks event which is not only a visual treat, but a treat in sounds as well. So of course I must give praise. :)

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! 🎄

International Traffic Pack sounds

I'm happy to say the Sound Fixes Pack is now including sounds for vehicles from the newly released International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz for Euro Truck Simulator 2.
You've probably seen it featured on the Steam Workshop, but for those unaware - that mod lets you see international vehicles with license plates from other countries in ETS2, not just bordering countries.

Here is an example of a parked AI traffic truck and trailer that came all the way from Poland 🇵🇱 to the United Kingdom 🇬🇧. It is next to a local UK truck and trailer with a yellow UK license plate.

It would be cool to have this as a standard feature in the game using less lines of code, but for now I'm happy to support this pioneering feature through modding in 1.49.
So far I have 25% of the pack's vehicles modded with sound. I just need to set up some @include's for the rest of my sounds then I'll have the majority of the Sound Fixes Pack sound sets applied fairly quickly.

Seasonal update

I always felt like doing more changes relevant to the time we are in. So from v23.96 to v23.99, the standalone air horn sounds from the Sound Fixes Pack will be half price as part of a Christmas sale in the in-game Service Shops!

New batch script for removing optional def files

This will only be relevant to a small subset of the mod's users, namely people who play single-player only and don't use Steam Workshop, and want to reduce the mod file size further if they're not using certain traffic packs.

Of course, you can do this manually, but the reason for this script is to give a fast option that ensures only the correct optional folders can be deleted.

The batch script is sound_fixes_pack_optional_install.bat and comes with the ShareMods download. It has a command line interface with simple yes/no prompts (type Y for yes and N for no).

Please note that it assumes 7-Zip is installed in C:\Program Files\7-Zip and that the .bat script is in the same folder as the mod's .scs file.

This is tested only on Windows. No comment on whether it can work on other operating systems.

77% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!
25% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +25%)!

Pack updated to v23.96 with the following changes:

Compatibility update for the Christmas Winterland Event 2023. [ETS2 edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2016 Scania R500 (2nd generation) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine and horn sounds added to the 2016 Scania S500 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Some sounds applied to AI traffic vehicles in the International Traffic Pack Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz. [ETS2 edition]
Christmas sale - 50% off for the Sound Fixes Pack's standalone air horns in the game's Service Shops.

For Windows operating system users and single-player users only:
ShareMods download now comes with sound_fixes_pack_optional_install.bat included.
Running this will let you optionally remove def files you may not require from the mod.
Note the batch file assumes the pack is in the same folder as the batch file and that 7-Zip's installed in the default directory.

Drive Safely

16 Dec 2023 10:45

Sorry to release another update so soon. When I find a sound bug I want to patch it quickly so we get the best experience possible.

Also a side note in case anyone was wondering, my "Winter sounds" addon is not compatible with the wet tire sound feature because there's no rain expected when using the mod.

I've got two more content updates to release this year. Stay tuned for more cool changes. :)

Pack updated to v23.97 with the following changes:

Reverb changes to the whistle of the steam train in the Christmas Winterland Event 2023.
Fixed vanilla game bug where the steam locomotive sound did not connect to the traffic volume audio setting. [ETS2 edition]
Amplified tire sound mix for the snow terrain as featured in the Christmas Winterland Event 2023.

Drive Safely

21 Dec 2023 12:03

Christmas Winterland Event 2023 soundtrack update

Winterland is a place in the game that I like a lot, so I have decided to deliver another surprise to encourage more visits to the place. :)

There are 3 bonus music themes I've picked out to give a delightful atmosphere to the place. 🎵

The bonus themes will only be a part of v23.98 and v23.99 because some are more fitting for up until the turn of the year.

----

Previous soundproofing for ATS update

The 2022 Kenworth T680 has got its soundproofing treatment in the "Previous soundproofing" addon. Available on Steam Workshop, TruckyMods, and ShareMods.

----

Without further ado, here is the mod update!

27% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +2%)!

Pack updated to v23.98 with the following changes:

Additional sound effects added for hard braking in the snow terrain as featured in the Christmas Winterland Event 2023.
Minor sound adjustments to the tire sound mix for the snow terrain.
Some sounds applied to AI traffic vehicles in the International Traffic Pack Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz. [ETS2 edition]

🎄 Christmas Winterland Event 2023 soundtrack changes:
- Added music transitions between the jazz and rock and roll themes (limited to mod versions in December 2023).
- 3 extra music themes, each found in certain locations in the Winterland map (limited to mod versions in December 2023).

Previous soundproofing for ATS updated for the 2022 Kenworth T680.

Drive Safely

26 Dec 2023 04:46

It's been an absolutely busy 2023. Lots of progress was made to the Sound Fixes Pack this year.

For 3 years in a row I've had a streak of 100 content updates serviced each year. Now that is coming to a close because the mod is now better suited for content updates with more time between them. :)

2024 will have less than 100 content updates for sure. Plenty more cool sounds will be coming in this exciting new era, but for now I'm in the holiday mood. Happy Christmas!

78% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!
28% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +1%)!

Pack updated to v23.99 with the following changes:

Reworked engine and whistle sounds of the "Winter Express" Christmas steam train locomotive. 🚂
Reworked passenger carriage sounds of the "Winter Express" Christmas steam train.
Minor sound adjustments to the John Deere S970 harvester engine sound in AI traffic.
Decreased engine sound volume for the 2013 MCI J 4500 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Engine sounds added to the 2016-2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Decreased engine sound volume for the 2017 Neoplan N 2216 Tourliner in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]

Drive Safely

02 Jan 2024 00:56

🎆 Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year! v24.00 is a special and more widely distributed release of the mod. It includes several polishes/maintenance of existing content and a thunder sound rework.

This new golden age will be exciting. I've got more sound features that I want to accomplish this year. Stay tuned for that! ;)

I also want to try my hand at producing my own up-to-date video showcase of the Sound Fixes Pack. Video producing is a different skill set entirely which I'm learning about.
I'm still deciding on whether to use cinematic camera tools that SCS Software uses, or the fly camera that I'm used to. When the video is ready I'll make a new post. :)

29% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +1%)!

Pack updated to v24.00 with the following changes:

4 new thunder sound effects added to the thunder sound array in addition to the default thunder sounds.
Reworked mixing of the thunder sounds:
- Implemented variable directionality so that the thunder sound does not always feel fully two-dimensional in the sound output.
- Implemented variable delay interval of the thunder sound for after the lightning flash, to convey the proximity of the storm.
- Implemented variable muffling to thunder sounds for varying intensity of the sound.
- Implemented subtle perceived thunder sound volume difference during nighttime.

Reworked the EMD SD40-2 locomotive engine sound. [ATS edition]
Slight increase in engine sound volume for some train locomotive prime movers. [ATS edition]
Minor sound adjustments to some AI traffic truck sounds. [ATS edition]
Compatibility patch for the upcoming version of Winter sounds. [ATS edition]
Reworked engine sounds for the 2010 Yutong City Master in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2023 Škoda Fabia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2020 Škoda Octavia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Reworked 1 horn sound for the 2020 Škoda Octavia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Yamaha Wolverine sound set is now the default sound set for car_atv_1.soundref. [ETS2 edition]
Removed sounds that were applied for unused reefer double trailers for AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Default log trailers in AI traffic now have nuanced trailer sounds when in motion.
Included idle sound for the default steam train sound set, in case of the steam train existing in the regular map.
Removed 1 sound effect from the default air brake rework sound array.
Reverted changes to the Christmas Winterland Event soundtrack back to default for the remainder of the event.
Ended 50% off Christmas sale for Sound Fixes Pack standalone air horns in the game's Service Shops.
Revamped mod description and mod icon.

Drive Safely

15 Jan 2024 22:50

English - Grace (AU) 🇦🇺 now available as a voice navigation option

v24.01 is now available with several continuous improvements and sound fixes, but the standout feature will be the new custom voice navigation option from the mod.

This one I had more creative control over the phrases used, opting to make it closer to real voice navigation but also adapting to game limitations, so if you like the idea of that you might like to try it. ;) It had to go through many iterations in development.

During development, I did try to include "At the next intersection turn [left][right]" but I ended up not using those lines because with some of the road networks in the game, it wouldn't be properly timed.

----

31% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +2%)!

Pack updated to v24.01 with the following changes:

New voice navigation variant with closer choices of words to real satellite navigation software: English - Grace (AU).
Added "English - Grace (AU)" voice navigation variant to be available in the safe mode of the Sound Fixes Pack.
Reworked F-22 Raptor aircraft sound. [ATS edition]
Fixed sound bug from the vanilla game where a misplaced F-22 sound could be emitted from a roadside rock in Nevada. [ATS edition]
Reworked distant plane sound for the jet aircraft with contrails.
Fixed sound of propeller planes so that they don't use the overhead sound while moving slowly on the runway. [ATS edition]
Slight extension to the distance attenuation curve of the trailer coupling sound.
Lowered sound volume of the lawn mower sound.
Minor sound adjustments to the thunder sound mix.
Slight reduction in sound volume for the wet tire sound and minor sound adjustments to its mix.
Compatibility patch for the upcoming version of Winter sounds.

Drive Safely

19 Jan 2024 08:47

If you're interested in the winter season, I've given the optional Winter sounds mod an update with the following change:
Muted more discovered insect sounds (Sound Fixes Pack required for this feature).

Winter sounds - download links:
Steam Workshop ETS2
Steam Workshop ATS

TruckyMods ETS2
TruckyMods ATS

ShareMods ETS2 (version 7)
ShareMods ATS (version 7)

I've also freshened up its images for the new year and created a new video showcase for the ETS2 edition of the optional Winter sounds mod ⬇️

Drive Safely

22 Jan 2024 11:14

35% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +4%)!

Pack updated to v24.02.1 with the following changes:
January 22, 2024
v24.02.1

Applied "English - Grace (AU) voice navigation changes" to safe mode.

January 21, 2024
v24.02

Minor sound adjustments to the sound mix for the New Mexico Musical Road on Route 66. [ATS edition]

English - Grace (AU) voice navigation changes:
- Improved sound quality for roundabout and left/right lane phrases.
- Some phrases begin a few milliseconds earlier now.
- Minor trims to some phrases.

Winter sounds updated to version 7 for more insect sound removals.

Drive Safely

07 Feb 2024 08:34

Air horn updates

The standout feature of v24.03 is that you can now have a fun horn battle with tugboats if you're close enough to them.
In future updates, there will be more use cases for sound interactions from the air horns provided in the Sound Fixes Pack.

Low air pressure can now weaken the Sound Fixes Pack air horns somewhat. As we don't have simulation for air horns being affected by low air pressure, the sound effects are simplified in the mod.

There's also one new standalone air horn costing $1,000,000 in ATS, and €1,000,000 in ETS2. This is more for the players wanting something expensive to spend on in order to get rid of some money. 💰

AI traffic sound update

79% of the base game AI traffic sounds are now complete ( +1%)!
36% of the AI traffic sounds in [ETS2] International Traffic Pack - Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz v1.0 are now complete ( +1%)!

Pack updated to v24.03 with the following changes:

Added sounds for tugboats. They may also honk if you honk close to them with a Sound Fixes Pack standalone air horn.
Replaced engine sounds for the Terberg RT223 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Replaced engine sounds for the 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W177 generation) in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine sounds added to the civilian 2017 Volkswagen Crafter in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Engine sounds added to the police and ambulance 2017 Volkswagen Crafter's in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2021 DAF XG+ in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
2 new horn sounds added to the array for the 2014 DAF XF 106 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
2017 Neoplan N 2216 Tourliner engine sound set is now the default sound set for bus_1.soundref. [ETS2 edition]
2004 Škoda Fabia Mk1 sound set is now the default sound set for car_normal_3.soundref & car_default_2.soundref. [ETS2 edition]
1 million euro air horn now available in the Service Shops. [ETS2 edition]
1 million dollar air horn now available in the Service Shops. [ATS edition]
The 3 standalone air horns may now sound weaker when your truck has low air pressure with the fallback low air warning sound.
Minor sound adjustments to the 2012 Dodge Charger (7th generation) SRT V8 engine sound set. [ATS edition]
Minor sound adjustments to the civilian 2011 Chevrolet Caprice (6th generation) V8 engine sound set. [ATS edition]
Minor sound adjustments to the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice PPV (6th generation) V8 engine sound set. [ATS edition]
2013 MCI J 4500 engine sound set is now the default sound set for bus_1.soundref. [ATS edition]
2013 MCI J 4500 horn sound set is now the default sound set for bus_horn_1.soundref. [ATS edition]
Horn sounds added for the 2015 Western Star 5700XE in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Revised engine sound set for the 2020 Western Star 49x in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Horn sounds added for the 2020 Western Star 49x in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
4 new horn sounds added to the array for the 2014 Volvo VNL in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
3 new horn sounds added to the array for the 2013 Kenworth T680 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2019 Freightliner Cascadia in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2012 Peterbilt 579 in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2018 Mack Anthem in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
2011 Chevrolet Caprice engine sound set is now the default sound set for car_v8_1.soundref. [ATS edition]
2011 Ford F-350 engine sound set is now the default sound set for car_v8_2.soundref. [ATS edition]
(Optional feature) Changed and added some phrases for one of the drivers using the CB radio. [ATS edition]
Moved the 3D sound position of the standalone air horn sounds closer to the roof for a more accurate sound placement.
Revised engine sounds for the Harley Davidson Fat Boy in the Motorcycle Traffic Pack by Jazzycat.
Revised engine sounds for the Aprilia RSV4 in the Motorcycle Traffic Pack by Jazzycat.
Horn and rev sounds added for the Aprilia RSV4 in the Motorcycle Traffic Pack by Jazzycat.
Added alternate recomputing sound effect for the Sound Fixes Pack variants of the English Doug/Skye voice navigation options.
Applied "alternate recomputing sound effect" voice navigation changes to safe mode.
Added "- Speed alert sound only - Sound Fixes" voice navigation alternative option for safe mode.
Added compatibility for Slav Jerry's custom sound features which use the fallback/default light horn interior stick sound.
Decommissioned definition files for the "Winter Express" Christmas steam train.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information